Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition (@Remote)
We Bring People Together to Discover Value
About the role:
OfferUp has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Talent Acquisition leader to join our team. In this important role, you will lead a Talent Acquisition team focused primarily on supporting recruitment needs for North America. And have we mentioned, how great the Talent Acquisition team is? If you pride yourself on being someone who sets the vision, the strategy, and the road map but also creates a culture where people love showing up and making a difference – then this might be the role for you.
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Inspire, develop and engage a distributed, North America-based recruitment team.
- Solve complex hiring challenges with a focus on leveraging data as your key driver behind decision-making.
- Be a strategic talent advisor to our leadership team, providing insight and direction to ensure we are attracting diverse and qualified candidates to the company.
- Drive workforce planning discussions
- Identify talent trends and develop recruiting strategies to support short-term and long-term hiring plans.
- Help implement employer branding projects to provide an insight view into what makes OfferUp an amazing company to work for
- Support the diversity and inclusion strategy (inclusive of external projects) to brand OfferUp as an employer that values having a diverse workforce
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- Experience providing creative ideas in attracting talent across multiple departments.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and change because our industry and company are ever-evolving
- Ability to set priorities and execute on commitments that are multi-dimensional
- Demonstrated success in productive and collaborative partnerships with client groups, operations, leaders, people experience, and other partners.
- Simply put, you have to be the best. You have to be the leader you would want to personally work for. You have to be the recruiter you would personally want to be recruited by. And you have to be the partner to your clients that you would want on your team because you are the expert.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Our Story As new fathers, OfferUp founders Nick Huzar and Arean van Veelen suddenly found themselves with more stuff than they wanted and less stuff than they needed. They weren’t alone. Americans spend trillions of dollars each year on new stuff, billions each year on storage units, and every day, they throw tons of their stuff away. In all that buying, storing, and tossing, Nick and Arean saw opportunity. Could a new kind of local marketplace bring people together to get more value out of all that stuff? Could that value exchange start with something as simple as a photo from a smartphone? Inspired to reimagine the model for local, peer-to-peer commerce, Nick and Arean founded OfferUp, a marketplace on a mission to become the simplest, most trustworthy place for people to buy and sell locally.
Want to learn more about OfferUp? Visit OfferUp's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.