Software Engineer, Microsoft Applications (Principal)
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 5,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to work on our Microsoft applications Team. This team is responsible for building secure, scalable, and robust federated identity and user provisioning integration products for the Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, CRM Dynamics and Yammer. The quality of these integrations is a strategic differentiator for Okta and accounts for a huge share of how customers get value from our product.
This is an opportunity to either leverage your experience developing highly scalable cloud applications while building new skills in Identity and cloud platform development or to leverage your experience developing Identity products while building new skills in cloud applications and platform development. You will get an opportunity to solve hard problems around hybrid enterprise use cases and scaling the most widely used and deployed applications in Okta Integration Network both by IT admins and end users.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Design and implement core, high-performance, scalable software components
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 10+ years of software development experience building highly-reliable, mission- critical software
- Experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with one or more of the following: Directory services (e.g. AD/LDAP)
- Azure AD, Microsoft Azure management APIs, ADFS, Office 365 or Microsoft’s Directory Synchronization Tool
- Experience working with a system of scale
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
Nice to haves:
- Expertise in standard authentication and authorization protocols such as SAML, WS-Trust and WS-Fed
- Experience with high performance MySQL environments
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Information Security
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Twilio Flex
Twilio, Prague, Czech Republic
Vice President, CMC Strategy and Operations
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, US
Site Reliability Engineer
Niantic inc., San Francisco
Algorithms Software Engineer - C++
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Senior Frontend Engineer
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA