Site Reliability Engineer, Security (Senior/Staff/Principal)
Okta, San Jose, CA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. We've created an integrated system that securely connects any person via any device to the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning, then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
- Design, build, and monitor Okta's production infrastructure
- Respond to production incidents and determine a preventive solution
- Troubleshoot complex reliability and performance issues
- Automate manual processes, evolve our monitoring tools, and develop technical documentation
- Support a highly available online environment as part of an on-call rotation once per quarter
Qualifications & Requirements
- Possess a passion for security with the ability to implement and deploy web based security tools
- Solid understanding of cloud based security, from IP protocols and firewalls to application level certificates
- Background with Linux systems administration and strong scripting skills in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Prior experience supporting web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment
- Expertise running production services in AWS (EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, CloudWatch)
- Ability to automate systems and infrastructure using tools such Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Hands on experience with Splunk, Zabbix, or related tools
- Applied knowledge of CI/CD principles and working in a source-controlled environment
- Previously partnered with Relational Databases, such as MySQL and NoSQL clustered systems
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.