Senior Product Manager, Credential Platform
Okta, San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA or Toronto, ON
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
We’re looking for a passionate product leader to take our Credential Platform to the next level. Okta’s industry-leading access management product allows organizations to protect their applications while providing a delightful experience to their users. The underpinnings of any secure access experience for an application will be made of strong credentials for authenticating a user. The domain of the credential platform includes passwords, email, SMS, voice, push notifications, FIDO/U2F, Yubikeys, and many more. Your audience will be split across non-technical admins and developers, and you will get the opportunity to work both internally and externally. To succeed, you will need to develop a technical understanding of credentials, enrollment and recovery policies, and authentication flows, and translate that to a simple and flexible credential platform. You should expect to partner closely with our engineering, design, product marketing, and business development teams.
Our goal is to deliver a platform for credentials, not one-offs for individual requirements and factors. Experience building market-leading products and services with a high degree of scalability and platformization for different customer use cases is desired. Having a passion for delivering those capabilities in a user-friendly way will make you a perfect fit for the role.
This will be a highly technical role, requiring the ability to define effective architectures for modeling policies, with an understanding of the downstream consumers and the developer tools through which our authentication capabilities will be delivered, including APIs, SDKs, widgets, mobile apps, backend services and front end experiences.
You should have a keen ability to understand customer requirements, strategically prioritize what’s most important for the short- and long-term, and collaborate with your PM team and Okta as a whole to deliver an innovative product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Deliver products that customers love
- Work with engineering, the wider PM team, and other internal groups to define and document user stories and use-cases to guide product development
- Define and execute on the roadmap and prioritize features for the Credential Platform that delight customers and developers
- Collaborate with product marketing and developer relations to support the creation of messaging and content and enable the Okta sales team
Develop, research, and clearly communicate sound product strategies
- Understand core business problems and requirements from customers, prospects, sales, and support to inform product decisions in the owned area
- Closely track industry trends and adapt your strategy accordingly
Drive product innovation through rapid triage of ideas with facts and data
- Work with the rest of the Okta product leaders to prioritize and deliver the innovation required to advance the strategy and roadmap for the Credential Platform
- Measure progress and success with meaningful metrics by working with the data team
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field
- Experience across the product management lifecycle
- Strong technical or development background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- 5+ years of experience, 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Track record of successful delivery of complex projects
- Familiarity with standards like U2F, OIDC, SAML, etc.
- Experience building a developer platform product
- Experience creating and managing multi-tenant SaaS software products at a market-leading company
- Advanced degree in technical (MS) or business field (MBA)
Meet the manager:
John Gronberg is Okta’s Director of Product Management for the Identity Platform and Customer Identity (https://www.linkedin.com/in/johngronberg/)
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.