Value Realization Manager (Chicago, IL)
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta is looking for a highly talented, creative, and passionate individual who can conduct financial analysis in a consultative model, and deliver presentations articulating the realized value of the Okta platform to our top strategic customers. You will leverage and support post sales activities with Customer Success Mangers and pre/post sales activities with Renewals Managers. This is a new role at Okta and we are looking for someone with experience and vision that can help define and drive this new capability.
You will work closely with our Sales, Services, Sales Engineering and Product Marketing teams on our largest strategic and visionary customer accounts. Specifically, this role is passionate about helping build the business value proposition, including strategic account planning, business case justification, market opportunity, and C-Level presentations. You will develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases, with a focus on post-sales benefit realization in support of Okta’s largest, most strategic Enterprise customers and opportunities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with existing customers, Sales, and Customer Success to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers (metrics) and understand how our solutions have helped our customers meet their strategic objectives.
- Conduct and facilitate internal and external research and discovery around customer business processes, market trends, and mapping "was" vs. "is" business processes across a wide range of companies and industries (e.g. financial services, high tech, manufacturing, healthcare, retail, professional services, etc.)
- Identify target operational and financial metrics impacted by Okta solutions and then use these metrics to develop ROI / Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models to quantify the realized value of the Okta platform
- Craft and deliver executive level presentations to CxOs
- Guide Sales people, CSMs and Renewal managers on the scope and types of data/discovery needed to prove value realization
- Support qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of targeted customers
- Build standard graphics and charts to reflect value impacts
- Document qualitative and non-quantified benefits and impacts
- Assist with developing value messaging associated with target customers
- Validate messaging is aligned with customer value themes
- Incorporate customer specific data points and findings
- Review for consistency and completeness of messaging
- Craft reusable assets to help scale the team's reach across the greater Okta organization
- Build, harvest, and deploy “standard methodology” techniques across regions
- Manage library of Value Team assets include items such as spreadsheets, presentation templates, case examples, and customer stories
- Help realize and support continued data harvesting and metrics definition to document and mine customer outcomes and value realization
- BA/BS degree from a top university in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing, or related areas).
- Demonstrated relevant experience, ideally in Finance, Strategy Consulting, or other analytical roles in a professional services environment.
- 3+ years experience with pre-sales and/or post sales business value modeling highly preferred
- Experience delivering presentations (internally- or externally-facing)
- Executive presence aptitude or experience
- A self-starter who takes initiative, is creative, has high energy, and would thrive in a start-up paced software company
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- An interest in the technology/software/SaaS space
- Willingness for moderate travel (40%)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Research Services Enterprise Account Executive
Qualtrics, United States
Senior Sales Manager
New College Grad: Inside Sales Representative
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Sr. Manager, Pricing Strategy
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Commercial Sales Executive - Austin, TX
Enterprise Account Executive - France