Software Engineer, Performance (Staff/Principal)
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
We are looking for an experienced performance engineer that is passionate about building large-scale, critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. We hope you will share our passion and great pride in the elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in automated testing, UX design and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation cloud platforms.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have a significant impact on a company that is focused to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall ownership of application responsiveness and load management
- Analyze performance metrics and logs to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve scalability and performance
- Manage application level service protection settings such as rate limits, job throttles, and batch sizes
- Either optimize inefficient code or work with the code's owner to optimize or rewrite
- SQL Query Tuning: complex query plan analysis and optimization and Schema (re-) design
- Actively monitor production using tools such as Splunk, Wavefront, AppDynamics, etc
- Maintain and enhance our performance monitoring and analysis telemetry, frameworks and tools
- Work with customers and customer support to analyze customer use cases to address scale and performance demands
- Track performance profiles over time and investigate changes therein
- Participate in a Performance rotation that investigates critical performance related customer escalations
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer working with Java or similar language
- 2+ years of experience as a performance engineer
- 1+ years of experience with SQL query optimization and relational database schema design, ideally MySQL and Hibernate
- Expertise in any of the following: Redis, Storm, ElasticSearch, Cassandra and/or
- Experience troubleshooting and/or tuning [S/P/I]AAS performance and/or
- Experience troubleshooting and/or tuning "big data" Analytics performance
Education and Training:
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Incoming Quality Inspector
Zipline, South San Francisco, CA
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Lead iOS Immersive Instructor
General Assembly, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Core Services
JW Player, New York
Security Engineer, Prevention (Staff/Principal)
Okta, San Francisco, CA