Site Reliability Engineer
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
At Okta our motto is "Always On", and nowhere do we embrace that more than in Technical Operations. We strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet through the skillful use of automation. If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale with automation, testing and tuning then we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of, “If you have to do something more than once, automate it,” and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools.
You will work on:
- Designing, building, running and monitoring Okta's production infrastructure
- Responding to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future
- Triaging and troubleshooting complex production issues to ensure reliability and performance
- Identifying and automating manual processes
- Continuously evolving our monitoring tools and platform
- Promoting and applying best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Supporting a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have experience automating and running large scale production Java/Tomcat services in AWS (EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, RDS) or other cloud providers
- Are able to code to a good standard with any programming language, but especially Ruby or Python, using source control and Agile methodologies
- Have experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Chef and Terraform
- Deep understanding of MySQL including replication and clustering strategies.
- Knowledge of NoSQL cluster data stores such as DynamoDB, Redis, Cassandra or Elasticsearch
- Experience using and supporting log and telemetry aggregation services such as Splunk and Wavefront
- Solid understanding of CI/CD principles, Linux fundamentals, networking concepts and IP protocols
- Scripting skills for operational tooling in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go or similar
- Experience running container technology in production
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior iOS Engineer