Okta is seeking an experienced sales email copywriter to accelerate the growth and performance of our sales email sequences. This cross-functional role will collaborate with internal stakeholders in both sales and marketing to drive business value across a wide cross-section of strategies and products. The sales copywriter will own Okta’s portfolio of tailored email flows and will be responsible for growing, optimizing, and reporting against them.
The right candidate is a skilled and efficient writer, capable of quickly understanding an outreach strategy and producing on-brand messaging that speaks to relevant personas. Technical sales experience within a B2B organization is a major advantage towards success in the role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft concise, genuine, and personalized email copy designed to engage the right contacts with the right message
- Build sophisticated email flows that thoughtfully layer messaging and offers appropriate to the contact’s experience with Okta
- Own, maintain, and organize our suite of sales sequences to help our sales team find the best content right when they need it
- Work with account executives and Okta’s account-based marketing team to create custom email content that resonates with target personas at target accounts and verticals
- Partner with marketing campaign managers to design reusable, customizable follow-up email flows tailored to their specific programs
- Serve as the internal advocate for the lead, ensuring their experience with Okta’s sales sequences is respectful and builds long-term trust
- Send regular content performance reports and train wider team on sales copy best practices
- Efficiently prioritize requests for new copy through a deep understanding of our existing assets and identifying the highest-value opportunities
- Maintain a constant cadence of copy A/B tests, driving consistent improvement across all sequences over time
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years writing experience in a B2B context, preferably with a focus on technical audiences
- 1+ year sales experience as an account executive or sales development representative
- Sincere love for technology and a unique knack for transforming deeply technical topics into accurate, compelling sales copy
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills, capable of distilling a broad message into productive emails
- Experience writing highly customized, account-specific sales messaging
- Proven record of success driving sales growth through copy optimization
- Strong project management skills, comfortable interfacing with multiple stakeholders
- Excels at managing and executing against a high volume of concurrent work streams
- Enthusiasm for cross-functional, collaborative work
- Basic familiarity with CRM and sales automation tools, Salesforce and Outreach preferred
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
TripAdvisor, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Digital Account Executive
IgnitionOne, Mexico City
Sales Director-Hong Kong
Insider, Hong Kong City
Academics Account Executive - Benelux / UK&I
Sales Development Representative
Scoop, San Francisco, California
Sales Development Representative (East)
Komodo Health, New York