Strategic Accounts Contracts Manager
Okta, Washington, DC
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Company Description: Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
Okta’s Deal Strategy and Operations team is responsible for partnering with Sales to drive the deal strategy and execution plan for large, complex, and non-standard commercial contracts. The team sits within the Business Operations organization, which supports strategic initiatives across Okta by providing teams with business process & policy insights as well as operational support. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to Okta's business from many angles, from our go-to-market strategy and launch of new products to the standardization of policies and systems to scale operations.
This role is best suited for an experienced Contracts Manager who thrives in a startup-like environment, is able to navigate deals, processes, and problems strategically and tactically, and has a proven track record of building scalable processes for growing organizations in partnership with Sales, Legal, and Finance. Collaboration with others to understand and resolve cross-functional business issues is the key to success in this role.
As a Contracts Manager, you will support the growing Named Accounts team, which focuses on accounts in the Fortune 500 and Global 2000. You will also take the lead in building the commercial contracts and negotiations support function for these accounts. This role entails:
- Overseeing the commercial contracting process in partnership with Sales, Deal Desk, and Legal teams to enable deal closure; supporting Sales in negotiations planning; advising on required stakeholder approvals for key contract terms; ensuring timely handoffs of contracts to other internal partners and customers
- Maintaining a holistic view of a deal throughout contract negotiations; driving internal stakeholder discussions and alignment on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiations
- Driving and participating in contract negotiations with customers.
- Advising Account Executives on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and value propositions to help close deals; responding to customer and internal stakeholder questions about key contract terms
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop a robust fallbacks bank and contracting best practices; building or improving processes and identifying sales training opportunities
- Building and owning the partnership with the Legal team and escalating legal matters as necessary
General Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong working knowledge of applicable commercial legal principles and able to work on diverse contractual issues simultaneously from inception to completion. Experience negotiating a broad range of legal issues that arise in the context of commercial transactions (e.g. indemnification, limitation of liability, confidentiality, SLAs)
- Knowledge of Data Security and Data Privacy terms is a plus
- Adept in contract analysis, including process-driven compliance to align with internal finance policies and SOX
- Willingness to be a team player and collaborate with Deal Desk teammates and other internal teams on ad hoc projects
- Ensure all non-standard commercial terms are reviewed, approved, and properly documented in Salesforce and Apttus
- Identify deal trends and drive efforts to categorize historical contracting and deal structuring trends based on sales segment or industry vertical, etc.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 8 years directly supporting a Sales team, with at least 2 years of hands-on experience in drafting and negotiating software licensing/SaaS customer agreements with companies in the Fortune 500 and Global 2000
- Experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal in executing contracts and building new processes
- Familiarity with SaaS subscription models, pricing, and revenue recognition
- Able to communicate effectively with various audiences ranging from Customers to Account Executives to C-level
- Demonstrated project management experience and/or participation in process improvement efforts
- Comfortable operating under pressure/with sense of urgency
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in Salesforce required; experience in Apttus and other sales productivity tools preferred
Okta is an equal opportunity Employer.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Coach Operations Manager (APAC)
BetterUp, Anywhere in the U.S.
Account Executive, Online Enrollments
Flatiron School, New York, NY
Business Development Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
System Administrator - Cloud
Lightspeed, Montreal, QC
Senior Customer Success Manager
Rapid7, Boston, MA