Software Architect, Devices (Architect / Senior Architect / Principal Architect)
Okta, San Jose, San Francisco, Bellevue WA, or Toronto ON
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is seeking a highly technical and experienced architect to join its Devices Engineering group. Devices Engineering is responsible for building client software that runs on MacOS, Windows, iOS and Android as well as the cloud software to support these clients. Okta device software provides end users seamless yet secure access to their services by inspecting and leveraging the security posture of devices. Ideal candidates have a passion for working on one or more desktop or mobile platforms, have deep expertise and extensive experience in those platforms, and are comfortable leading the technical path of an organization breaking ground in a new frontier. This is a high visibility and impact position within Okta.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help drive the long-term architecture of our device software by working in conjunction with Product Management to align with business goals
- Translate product and market requirements into designs that align with mid and long-term goals for the product and technology evolution
- Design, implement (code), review and troubleshoot highly scalable client, and if comfortable, server-side software
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Provide technical guidance and influence in other areas of the Engineering (e.g. DevOps, Test Engineering, Security)
- Analyze and refine requirements with Product Management
- Communicate the vision of the product to external entities
- Foster, enable and promote innovation and IP Protection
- Keep abreast of and introduce at Okta, broader technical trends from the industry
- Interface with QA, Technical Support, Documentation and UX teams
- Work on technical diligence in M&A that is related to Okta’s Devices product portfolio
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 15+ years experience working in development roles in software engineering
- Deep knowledge and native code development skills in at least one of the following: Android, iOS, macOS, Windows.
- Hands-on software development skills
- Comfortable writing agent-based software
- Good understanding of design-patterns and object-oriented design.
- PKI and related stacks: X.509, TLS, SSH
- Experience working in Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Understanding and appreciation for TDD
Additional Desirable Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Experience building large-scale enterprise software or SaaS products
- Understanding of credential providers and security models
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, Web-Auth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Familiarity with authentication protocols in one or more of: macOS, Android, Win, iOS
- Experience with one or more of: Spring, REST, Maven, AWS, Redis, MySQL, Tomcat
- Experience working on low latency, highly scalable and mission critical environments
- Knowledge or experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
Education and Training
- B.S. Computer Science or related field (MS/PhD preferred)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Python Developer
Senior UI Engineer
NGINX, San Francisco
Full Stack Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Senior Technology Consultant, Employee Experience - London, Dublin, Munich OR Paris
Qualtrics, London, Dublin, Munich OR Paris
The Trade Desk, Santa Barbara, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Brightwheel, Denver, Colorado