Software Architect, Identity Experience
Okta, San Francisco, San Jose CA, or Toronto ON
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
We are looking for an experienced and highly technical software architect to join the Identity Experience team. The team is responsible for building the Okta Identity Engine and creating a customizable platform that allows Okta’s customers to configure and brand our out-of-the-box product and make it their own. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and lead the technical path of the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. Identity is deeply important and providing a platform for customers to secure their applications is one of your passions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help drive the long-term architecture of our Identity Management platform
- Translate product and market requirements into designs that align with mid and long-term goals for the product and technology evolution
- Design, implement, review and troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Foster, enable and promote innovation
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Test-driven development, design and code reviews
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 15+ years of backend software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- Deep knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
- Experience with Java
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices
- Experience in TDD
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science from a top-tier university
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, UI
Amperity, Seattle, WA
Senior Data Engineer
Hudl, Lincoln, Omaha, Boston, Remote - US (TX, MA, NY, CA)
Data Architect, Homes
Airbnb, San Francisco, CA
Director of Engineering
TripleLift, Waterloo, Canada
Sr. Software Security Engineer, Platform Security
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Machine Learning Engineer
Instacart, San Francisco, CA