Emerging Markets Account Executive, SLED
Okta, Washington, D.C
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications. Our SLED customers, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster and stay secure.
As a Public Sector Emerging Account Executive, you will drive the acquisition of new accounts and foster ongoing relationships with current customers within the State Local and Higher Education space. Core responsibilities include territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, presentation delivery, negotiations, and closing. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Penetrate, manage, and sell into an assigned territory for Okta’s SLED Team
- Establish and maintain long-term client relationships within SLED; qualifying new business in addition to participating in cross sell, and up sell opportunities
- Forecast and pipeline opportunities to hit or exceed annual and quarterly sales targets
- Cultivate relationships with supporting members of the to increase your sales pipeline
- 1-3 years of closing experience within the SLED, Federal, or Government Space
- Prior SaaS/Software sales experience strongly preferred
- Candidates must possess excellent prospecting skills
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- A track record of success selling to small to medium-sized businesses
- Prior experience managing a territory-based quota
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- ISV/Partnership experience preferred
- Significant experience presenting/running demos to C-level executives
- BS/BA Degree
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.