Senior Software Engineer, Core Engineering (Bellevue, WA)
Okta, Bellevue, WA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta is the identity standard. The Okta Identity Cloud is an independent and neutral platform that securely connects the right people to the right technologies at the right time. We help organizations do two things - secure and manage their extended enterprise and transform their customers’ experiences. With over 6100 customers, 5500+ app integrations, and well over 100 million registered users, we are only getting started.
Okta's Core Engineering team is responsible for building and evolving shared infrastructure and services that lay the foundation for what other engineering teams build on. We're in charge of common shared services like search, cache, configuration management, frameworks for async job management and email pipeline, to name a few. We're cloud native, where redundancy, multi-tenancy, scale, resource optimization and resiliency are first class citizens. With Okta's mantra of “Always On!” there's never a dull moment. Our biggest asset is our team of passionate engineers and technically minded managers.
You'll be joining a team of highly skilled and talented team players who're proud of what they own and deliver. Our elite team is fast, creative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, new technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with engineering teams to design, develop and deliver cloud-based infrastructure projects on a modern tech stack (Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Terraform on AWS)
- Drive evaluation, development and roll out of new common microservices
- Operate, support, and upgrade shared services and frameworks. Scale these as their usage invariably grows along with Okta's business.
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standard by writing unit and functional tests.
- Assist with monitoring, troubleshooting of services and frameworks the team owns
- Collaborate with architects, QA, product owners, security and operations engineers
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Immense passion about doing the right thing to help Okta's technology stay ahead of its anticipated business growth
- Solid technology chops in architecting, implementing, tuning and debugging some of the largest cloud deployments in the enterprise world
- 3+ years of expansive programming experience in an object-oriented programming language like Java, especially in backend services. A good understanding of multithreading, garbage collection, memory management.
- 2+ years experience of working with MySQL or equivalent relational database systems
- Demonstrated experience of working with ReST and good understanding of its fundamentals
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and Tomcat
- Knowledge of AWS, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Docker
- Familiarity with network security, authentication and authorization as a nice-to-have
- Demonstrably followed best software engineering principles
- Experience with enterprise SaaS as a good-to-have
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Position is in Bellevue, WA
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer - Reliability