Technical Marketing Manager, Workforce
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta’s the market-leading identity platform, but competition abounds. We need someone on our competitive intelligence team to understand and analyze our top competitors and create content to educate our field and product teams.
What is this role all about?
Understanding the competition. Being the leader is a luxury, but we have to stay vigilant about the other players in the space; analyzing the competition is a source of market intelligence.
This role is focused on our top competitors such as Ping, ForgeRock, Duo, Idaptive. This role involves using and analyzing these identity products and distilling that analysis into insights for our field and product teams.
What will you do?
- You will understand the technical details of how Okta connects our customers to a wide variety of cloud and on-premises applications leveraging identities often stored in existing directories such as LDAP and Active Directory.
- You will analyze competitive products, extract insights, and share them internally and externally via presentations and content. You will draw from deep expertise of the product to clearly articulate how Okta uniquely addresses customer use cases better than our competitors.
- You will enable technical audiences across Okta to sell, deploy, support, train upon, or consult. You will create technical guides, data sheets, presentation decks and other resources to accelerate the field.
- You will contribute to critical product decision-making by partnering with Product Management. Customer insights will make you invaluable when choosing in which direction the product should head.
- You will become the go-to expert on key competitors in the identity-as-a-service area. You will research competitive solutions to understand the landscape deeply and build presentations and assets to share Okta’s differentiation.
What do you need now?
- You must have some experience and knowledge of legacy identity software, including, but not limited to:
- Active Directory
- IBM Tivoli
- Oracle IDM
- You must be able to write and speak clearly about technically complex integrations and use cases in a compelling way, without extensive use of jargon or acronyms.
- You must be able to build your own deliverables and collaborate across cross-functional teams on broad initiatives.
- You must have some experience creating technical documentation, e.g., deployment guides, configuration guides, technical sales and marketing collateral, blog posts.
- You must be a skilled researcher and a critical analyst. You will perform in-depth analysis of competitive products and technologies to compare them to Okta, then train the field teams to understand and articulate Okta's differentiated mission, vision and story.
What will you get out of this role?
- You’ll get to work with our awesome customers—bold companies who have partnered with Okta to solve some of their most critical challenges.
- You’ll become familiar with the entire product development lifecycle at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world—from ideation to adoption.
- You’ll be at ground-zero of one of the most significant technology trends of our time: organizations reducing IT friction by adopting the cloud.
- You’ll work on a small team with a big impact, in a collaborative company with audacious goals.
- 5 years of technical marketing, professional services, product management, pre-sales engineering, field engineering, or customer-facing support experience required
- In-depth knowledge of identity management and authentication technologies and a complete understanding of how they are implemented in typical customer environments.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely with very strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Familiarity with common enterprise applications such as SAP, Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft.
- Experience with enterprise SaaS solutions
- Familiarity with the classic Information Technology (IT) "Stack", both hardware like networking equipment, and software like operating systems and business applications.
- MCP, MCSE, CISSP, CCSP will be a plus
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.