Senior Security Engineer, AWS Security
Okta, San Francisco, San Jose, Bellevue, Washington D.C., Remote (US)
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
The Information Security Engineering team at Okta is responsible for prevention, detection and response across our corporate, production and cloud environments. In this role, the team is looking for an experienced security engineer to help drive our security architecture efforts in AWS. The breadth of responsibility will range from providing service and network architecture and design insights, security reviews of existing AWS environments and services, and preventive security automation. This person will be required to work effectively with Okta’s Red Team, DevOps, and Engineering teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, evangelize and enforce security configuration and architecture standards/design patterns across our AWS environments
- Perform proactive or reactive security architecture and configuration assessments across AWS environments and play a constructive role in change management processes
- Identify opportunities to optimize and automate preventive security efforts in AWS using commercial, open source, and home-grown tools
- Assist in responding to security incidents or collaborate in enhancing detection capability as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years experience securing AWS based DevOps environments, including but not limited to security of different AWS Services, secure design of VPC architectures, best practices for IAM configuration and security of data at rest/in-transit within or across AWS accounts etc.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience defining technical security policies, requirements and designing controls to enforce those policies
- Strong knowledge of cloud and application architectures and related security principles
- Experience taking high-level security requirements, identifying required architecture and translating into technical tasks for relevant project teams to execute
- Experience translating security architecture recommendations into related business risks, and communicating these risks effectively to get buy-in from diverse stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related field, or 4+ years of relevant hands-on experience in defensive security (host based security, applied cryptography, protocols, network security, privileged access management etc.)
- Experience automating security in AWS using Lambda, CloudWatch, Config, etc.
- Exposure to agile release processes and supporting tools and infrastructure
- Strong understanding of core technical fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, CA, HTTP(s), PKI, IPSec etc)
- Knowledge of attack vectors, exploits and bad actor TTPs
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform
- Experience working with Docker Containers
- AWS Security - Specialty certification
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Business Systems Analyst, IT R & D Systems
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States