Quality Assurance Manager, IT and Business Systems
Okta, San Jose, CA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta is looking for an experienced hands-on technical QA Manager to build and lead a test engineering team focused on IT and Business Systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment and has experience with key business applications (e.g., SFDC, NetSuite, Workday, etc). This is a high touch, key leadership position, that will allow the right candidate to build a Quality practice inside IT and Business Systems. Execution, teamwork, collaboration and having fun are all equally important. Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with frequent release cycles and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and their leaders and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day activities of test engineers (QE’s & SET’s) within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Drive the building of world-class test strategy, automation and site monitoring focused on IT and Business Systems
- Work with other teams to define requirements and schedules, and then drive delivery
- Hire and nurture ‘best in industry’ staff
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years experience with testing integrations for key business systems (SFDC, Netsuite, Workday, etc).
- Experience delivering high quality projects focused on internal systems and business processes
- Broad knowledge and hands-on technical experience in test methodologies and automation development
- Proficiency in at least one scripting / interpreted language (Java, Python, etc)
- Clear communication skills; able to adjust based on audience
- Development skills for key business systems like SFDC, Netsuite and Workday
- Experience working with orchestration and / or deployment automation systems
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.