Technical Program Manager (Staff/Principal)
Okta, San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
As a Technical Program Manager, you are in a leadership position within the Engineering organization – to partner with Engineering, Product Management & Customer First teams to build and deliver key products, projects and programs. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. Employing both a strategic and tactical approach is a requirement in this role. You will not only have strong TPM experience, but also Engineering process development and implementation in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
* Project manage various initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
* Champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering and Product Management; provide guidance to Scrum Masters
* Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
* Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
* Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
* Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of initiatives.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Minimum 8 years of technical program management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs
* Minimum 10 years of technical project management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver
* Experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering teams together to deliver customer-facing features
* Minimum 6 years hands-on Scrum Master experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
* Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
* Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers
*Experience working in a start up environment desired
*Self starter; able to work well in a ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment
Education and Training:
* Bachelor’s degree
* Training in Agile and Scrum
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Computer Vision Scientist
CiBO Technologies, Saint Louis, Missouri
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Lead Data Engineer
Systems Operations Engineer
The Linux Foundation, Sydney NSW, Australia
iOS / macOS Engineer
Upthere, Redwood City, CA