Technical Program Manager
Okta, San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flow, and providing continuous transparency.
- Project manage various initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Scrum master one or more Engineering teams; and champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering and Product Management.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead the introduction of new processes/workflows, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of initiatives.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3-7 years total in program or project management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment
- Minimum 1-year hands-on program management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment – managing initiatives from start to finish
- Minimum 1 year hands-on Scrum Master experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment
- Hands-on experience project or program managing an initiative from start to finish
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating with teams located across different locations.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence without authority
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's degree
- Training in Agile or Scrum Master certification is ideal
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Manager, Data Platform
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Junior Financial Specialist
indaHash, Poland, Warsaw
Software Engineering Manager, Studio Marketplace
Engineering Manager - Data Infrastructure
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Test Engineer / Analytical Chemist
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Web Engineer, Metrics Quality
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA