Quality Engineer, TechOps (Senior/Staff)
Okta, Bellevue, WA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer who is eager to test large-scale, mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will work with one of our Technical Operations teams, focusing on Edge / Network.
Our elite team is honest, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and high standards, we expect great things from all of our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn our current product, test processes, company dynamics and what value we bring to our customers in the first 30 days.
- Validate and monitor pre and production systems while operations team changes are deployed.
- Use oral and written communication to be understood by anyone in the company at their level.
- Work on multiple projects concurrently; and be able to shift projects quickly.
- Participate in scrum meetings, planning, testing and deployments.
- Work with SRE’s, Architects and management to scope, develop, communicate, execute and automate test plans for technical operations teams.
- Participation in a rotation schedule for software/operations issues.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of test experience for highly reliable and mission critical systems
- Proven experience with software testing and methodology
- Able to write new and maintain existing automated test cases
Technical knowledge in some of the following:
- Cloud based IaaS (especially AWS)
- Ansible, terraform, chef, docker
- Ruby, Java
- Security concepts
- Log management tools (Splunk, Kibana)
- Monitoring tools (Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics)
- Observability and Chaos Engineering
Education and Training: B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.