Sales Engineering Leader APAC
Okta, Sydney, Australia
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
We’re looking for someone who can confidently and credibly help lead the organisation through a period of massive growth across the Asia Pacific market, including Japan. Like all management positions at Okta, the APAC Sales Engineering Leader is expected to be hands on and leading from the front. The individual will contribute to recruiting, support and go-to-market strategy for the business across Asia Pacific including our Indirect/Partner segment. Leadership, Account Executives, Sales Engineers, Product teams, customers and partners are key stakeholders.
Act as a leader within the Sales / SE team and across the larger Okta organisation, constantly looking for ways to expand on our success. Build teams that can execute today and grow to meet our future needs in our high growth environment. Define and maintain a high bar for expectations and support the team in achieving it. Challenge the team and yourself to continually grow. Drive your team’s needs with the Product teams in headquarters and use your internal network and the Presales leadership team to leverage best practices from around the world.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to lead a high performing team
- Manages the hiring, staffing and development of a diverse and effective workforce
- Define a technical strategy to support the Company Objectives and APAC Growth
- Define compensation plan based on goals
- Develop and execute on a hiring and retention strategy and analyze turnover
- Define Headcount plan to support the Company Objectives
- Build a talent pipeline of potential candidates
- Works with Operations and Finance to define quarterly budget
Resource Planning and Allocation
- Define Okta SE roles and responsibilities and mappings, aligning with with the rest of the GTM team and partners
- Collaborate with regional Sales Leadership to prioritize and target team opportunities; review quantitative information to identify and explain trends. Align resources to deliver on commitments and drive results
- Focus on building capacity to achieve high team performance based on customer and partner resource needs. Align resources to deliver on commitments and drive results.
- Define a development path for each team in collaboration with other leaders. This will include both internal and external training, and certification
- Implement Skills Assessment
- Develops and executes Okta’s SE strategies and identifies opportunities for process improvements
- Continuously drive innovation to promote thought leadership and team excellence
- Participate in, and contribute to regular sales forecast and pipeline reviews
- Lead team to technical account and partner strategies that align to customer business requirements and goals. Assign and/or request for appropriate resources
- Assist in determining and requesting for domain / solution-focused resources (e.g. Solution Architects, Product Management) when necessary.
- Drive qualified technical and partner enablement
- Drive tracking and reporting team metrics in SFDC
- This includes establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, developing performance improvement plans, taking disciplinary action, and interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
Knowledge and skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Expert project management and negotiation skills
- Expert knowledge of the Okta product line
- Ability to navigate and influence in matrix organization
- Ability to lead in a constantly evolving environment, manage multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Ability to converse with technical and business personnel fluently at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex technologies
- Ability to partner effectively with Sales Executives to identify new sales strategies and market opportunities
- Ability to adapt to and operate in different business cultures across the Asia Pacific region including Japan
- BS or BA degree required
- 10+ years experience supporting technical sales of enterprise IT solutions to corporate accounts or equivalent industry experience
- Experience managing teams across Asia Pacific region
- Must be willing and able to act independently, including working at home and alone on client sites
- Must be a self-starter, with both the ability to work independently or in a team
- A strong technical background in Information Technology Security is desirable.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Understands SaaS business models and preferably has working experience on Saas platforms;
- Understands VARs, Sis, GSIs, VADs business models
- Knowledge of at least some of the following technologies: IAM, CIAM, VPN, MDM, Active Directory, LDAP, APIs, IaaS, Development Frameworks.
- Knowledge around the Okta platform and competitor product offerings would be an advantage.
- You are an elite communicator
- Typically 20-30% travel, with peaks of 40%
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
391 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.