Tier 3 Support Engineer – Okta Access Gateway
Okta, Remote (Central)
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
The Tier 3 Support Engineer – Okta Access Gateways serves as an escalation resource and subject matter expert for Okta’s access gateway offering. You will be responsible for engaging with customers and resolving mission critical customer issues in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is a seasoned technical specialist with a deep understanding of cloud, on-prem, and hybrid-cloud environments in heterogenous architectures who can turn customer challenges into product improvement opportunities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive resolution of technical escalations, including identification of root cause and issue resolution.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Serve as internal and external point of contact on customer escalations and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Provide interface between Customer Support and Product / Engineering teams.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience.
- Provide technical and non-technical mentoring to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support Engineers.
- Provide well-thought out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy and maintain the Okta service.
- Author and Review knowledge base content to drive support scalability and improve customer self service capabilities.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Deliver against customer experience and efficiency targets.
- Function as a liaison between support and product management teams.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management of Information System, or related field
- 8-10+ years of customer facing support.
- 7+ years supporting and/or administration of Microsoft server-side stack including (Active Directory, Load Balancers, IIS, Group policies).
- 7+ years supporting and/or administration of Linux in mission critical use cases and expert level CLI knowledge.
- 3+ years administering production LDAP environments.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person).
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team.
- 3+ years of administering NGINX and utilization of NGINX scripting nomenclature.
- 3+ years of experience in creation, maintenance, and execution of bash, zsh, or ksh scripts.
- In depth understanding of single sign on protocols (SAML, OIDC, Header based authentication, Kerberos, and URL based authorization.
- Strong time management skills and ability to get up to speed on new technologies quickly.
- In depth understanding of TLS, certificates, and troubleshooting of related issues.
- An in depth understanding of virtualization technologies (VMWare ESXI and workstation, Amazon EC2) and hands-on experience in their administration.
- A demonstrated passion for solving complex puzzles and leveraging learnings for iterative improvements.
- Understanding of NAT, firewall configuration, and firewall rule evaluation.
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- A deep understanding of all OSI layers and the appropriate methodologies to troubleshoot issues within each.
- Experience with addressing customer escalations and relaying concise and audience digestible updates to executive stakeholders.
- Okta certified consultant.
- Experience with Python and/or php.
- Relevant industry certifications are desired (CCNA, CCNP, AWS, RHCE, Linux+, etc.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.