Senior/Group Product Strategy & Business Analytics Manager
Okta, San Francisco, CA or San Jose, CA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
In the past several years, we have expanded Okta’s product portfolio into adjacent technology areas that address new use cases and appeal to new types of buyers across the enterprise. As we look forward, we will both extend our market lead in our core product areas and identify market adjacencies to fuel Okta’s future growth. This product strategy role focuses on our expansion plan and managing the rhythm of our business. We are seeking an individual who can work collaboratively across the products organization, engineering, and business development to develop and advance business strategies for launching innovative new offerings.
The successful candidate will have prior experience developing data-driven growth strategies for technology companies, whether through work in strategy consulting or a product management role. It is critical that this person possess a high comfort with ambiguity, strong problem structuring skills, analytical acumen, and solid communication skills in presenting business insights to executives. The ideal applicant will also have experience working within the product development process, the ability to establish credibility with product and engineering leaders, and an understanding of operational and go-to-market implications of their strategy recommendations.
Experience working with cloud services, enterprise IT products, identity management, and device management are major advantages. Further, success in this role will require a strong ability to understand true requirements (not just what people ask for), define our overall short- and long-term strategy, and collaborate across the broader Okta organization to ensure delivery of a compelling product roadmap and strategic plan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop business case for Okta’s expansion into specific product domains
- Conduct voice of the customer research with Okta customers and prospects to test new product concepts, isolate product requirements, understand willingness to pay, and identify implications for Okta’s product positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Analyze competitive offerings, synthesize findings, and identify sources of Okta distinctiveness
- Size addressable market and model revenue opportunity for Okta
- Define business model by both identifying areas for value creation and value capture
- Articulate market entry requirements, business risks, and steps to mitigate
- Define and track business performance and product usage metrics to assess success of key business initiatives
- On an ongoing basis, analyze and report on Okta’s operational and product performance; develop dashboards to measure key metrics and product health
- Support product team and other company stakeholders in managing rhythm of the business
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA from a top-tier school is a plus
- 2-4+ years of strategy or management consulting experience at a top firm. 2+ years of product management experience
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects and proven business impact
- Undergraduate degree in technical or quantitative field; MBA preferred
- Strong leadership, analytical, and communications skills; executive presence
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset; comfort with ambiguity and drive to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude for structuring complex problems and presenting well-supported solutions
- Experience with SaaS and enterprise software products or services
- Knowledge of identity, access management, device/mobility management, and/or developer-facing products is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Jobs You May Like
Junior Product Designer
Newsela, New York, NY
Senior Restraints Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Product Designer - Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Pivotal Software, New York
Senior Product Design Manager, Seller Services
Sr. Product Manager, Enabling Platforms Commerce
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco