Software Engineer, Federations
Okta, US West Coast; San Francisco Bay Area
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Federated Identity team. The team is responsible for building software products and creating a customizable platform that allows Okta’s customers to configure and brand our out-of-the-box product and make it their own. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and lead the technical path of the future of Identity Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in designing for scale, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next generation enterprise software. Identity is deeply important and providing a platform for customers to secure their applications is one of your passions.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management platform, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, organizations can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps organizations become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta platform provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, review and troubleshoot highly scalable software
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management
- Work with engineering management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of backend software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software using Java, Hibernate, and Spring
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Experience working in Security, Cryptography, or Authn & Authz
- Experience in TDD
Education and Training:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
The best bed for better sleep