Senior Product Designer (Remote Eligible)
Okta, Bellevue, WA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design simple and delightful user interfaces for new and existing Okta products.
- Probe challenging problems to gain a deep understanding of user goals and behaviors.
- Apply your solid understanding of usability heuristics to evaluate new and existing features, offering viable suggestions for improvements.
- Develop mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interactions, implementation details, and user goals.
- Support UI engineering by providing all necessary visual assets and CSS attributes.
- Employ data and analytics to measure design outcomes.
- Embrace candid feedback, prototyping, and early failure as design accelerators.
- Actively mentor junior designers and contribute toward team-level process improvements.
- 4+ years of experience in UX / product design.
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction or related field or work experience as a designer.
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and / or similar design tools.
- Can comfortably distill complex technical problems into clear, conceptual models and simple, elegant solutions.
- Great communicator, analytical thinker, at ease with technical subject matter, and preferably has a good sense of humor.
- Can provide a digital portfolio that showcases solid skills across a variety of projects, including work that has been seen and used successfully in actual product. (Portfolio link required when applying.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Learning on the Fly
- Personal Disclosure
- Personal Learning
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Work/Life Balance
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.