Emerging Markets Account Executive (Chicago, IL)
Okta, Chicago, IL
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Position Description: The Emerging Markets Account Executive (AE) at Okta is responsible for all aspects of new-logo acquisition and install base expansion for our small to medium prospective and current customers. Core responsibilities include territory planning, prospecting, relationship development, running sales cycles, pricing, presentation delivery, negotiations, and closing. In this high-velocity role, expect to own deals from cradle-to-grave in collaboration with account teams, sales engineers, professional services, and partners.
Our AE’S strive to understand the specific challenges that both prospects and customers are faced with and map Okta’s solutions accordingly to achieve the desired positive business outcomes. They cultivate positive relationships with customers and key partners while maintaining a solid knowledge of Okta’s evolving technology as well as contending differentiators. It is imperative that you demonstrate leadership qualities, ethical behavior, excellent work ethic and a focus on collaboration with both internal counterparts as well as customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Forecast opportunities to hit or exceed a quarterly quota in a defined territory
- Cultivate relationships with supporting members of the Sales Development Team
- Build sales decks that wow your prospects during your product demonstrations
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline within our small to medium-sized segment
- Work with partners and strategic alliances to extend reach & new opportunities
- Accelerate customer adoption by expanding Okta’s product use within your customer base
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts and ensure customer success
- 1-3 years of B2B closing sales experience, SaaS/Cloud strongly preferred
- A track record of success selling to small to medium-sized businesses
- Prior experience managing a territory based quota
- ISV/Partnership experience preferred
- Experience presenting/running demos to C-level executives
- BS/BA degree required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one