Sales Business Development Representative Intern (Summer 2021)
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 6,100 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
The Business Development Team focuses on generating new customers for Okta. As a Business Development Representative (BDR) Intern, you’ll participate in a variety of meaningful projects that will allow you to experience each step in a high-performance sales environment. You will make a significant impact on our sales team by providing a fresh perspective. During your internship, you will learn how to use the Salesforce application and how to develop and qualify revenue opportunities strategically. You will be responsible for researching prospective clients, contacts, and using the provided resources and technology.
BDR Intern Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Use social/professional networks in addition to other tools for true sales prospecting
- Maintain accuracy in Salesforce
- Attend and document SDR enablement meetings and RVP forecast calls
- Support account operation and brainstorm account strategies
- Work at least 1 SDR attended event or tradeshow
- Monitor and report weekly marketing SLA’s
- Opportunity to develop sales phone skills by following up with and qualifying inbound leads
- Other projects as needed
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or later
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to intern 12 weeks
- Ability to manage multiple projects, simultaneously
- Analytically minded and detail oriented
- Ability to give presentation
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Passionate for a career in sales
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Help the world share their story