Applications Release Engineer (Contract)
Okta, US Remote
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
- Application Release Engineer, is responsible for scheduling, planning, and controlling the software's development and delivery process.
- You will be responsible for the Release Management lifecycle that involves the stages such as scheduling the release, coordinating between teams, and deployment of release as per the schedule and within budget.
- You need to define the strategic usage of release management tools to manage the revenue for the release.
- Overall, you will be concerned with planning, testing, tracking, release, deployment, communication, and risk management.
- Plan the release of project deliverables and release life cycle.
- Develops Release processes and works with the organization to achieve CI/CD.
- Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components
- Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Manage the release deployments for different applications like Salesforce,Workday,Okta,NetSuite,Coupa.
- Continually improve current tool set and automate manual tasks
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
- Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
- Strong understanding of change management processes and controls
- B.Tech in Computer Science or an equivalent degree
- Experience in Source Code Version Control (e.g. Bitbucket, Gitlab)
- Experience in Automation tools (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines
- Experience in working with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Experience in DevOps tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Expertise in computer programming
- Familiarity with tools such as Ansible, Docker is preferred
- Team management skills.
- IT Change & Release management
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one