Okta, United Kingdom Remote; France Remote; Germany Remote; Sweden Remote; Netherlands Remote
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing commercial legal team as Corporate Counsel. The Corporate Counsel will play a key role in growing Okta’s regional presence in EMEA by supporting Okta and, in the near term, Okta’s newly acquired affiliate Auth0’s local Sales, Professional Services and Partner organisations in structuring and closing outbound commercial agreements. We’re looking for a strong transactional counsel, with excellent business judgment and problem-solving skills, who’s highly collaborative with a passion for technology and closing sales deals. You’ll provide strong legal guidance, structure deals, and draft and negotiate outbound commercial agreements.
- Work closely with local Sales teams to negotiate, draft and finalize Master Subscription Agreements, Data Processing Addendums, Professional Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Non-disclosure Agreements, channel-related agreements and other types of commercial agreements, as required in the EMEA region.
- Partner with local Deal Desk and Sales Operations to support end-to-end contract close process.
- Provide strategic support and counsel to Finance, Revenue Operations, Sales Operations, Product teams, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Serve as a trusted partner to Sales and other internal business constituents in supporting our customer base to ensure continued customer success and satisfaction, while serving as a steward of Okta’s interests.
- Handle a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department supporting business, legal, and strategic corporate initiatives in the EMEA region.
- Champion Okta’s core values and serve as a cultural ambassador in the region.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant commercial transaction experience negotiating and closing complex enterprise technology agreements, technology licenses, data privacy terms and professional services agreements including accompanying statements of work.
- 2+ years of in-house experience with a software or technology company.
- Strong knowledge of data privacy regulations.
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record supporting enterprise sales professionals and proven ability to work effectively across multiple departments by building and maintaining strong relationships with business partners within a global organization.
- Excellent communicator, strong negotiator and detail-orientated drafting skills.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating channel agreements related to distribution, resell, professional services, referral, MSP, and technology partnerships.
- Responsive, accountable, growth mindset, with the ability to organize, prioritize and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong academic background, and admission to the Bar/roll of solicitors in a European jurisdiction.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Fluency in one or more other European languages.
- Legal qualification or admission in Ireland, Spain or Italy.
- Previous experience working for a U.S. based company.
- Prior M&A integration experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
The best bed for better sleep