Alliances Solutions Engineer - Japan
Okta, Tokyo, Japan
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
The Partner Solutions Engineer is a technical lead that supports the national growth and scale of Okta’s strategic partners that recommend, deploy and manage Okta as a Service. This role is responsible for managing all technical partner activities across specific Okta’s partners and will work closely with the Okta Channel Managers to develop a comprehensive technical business plan for the partnerships, including identifying, incubating, and bringing to market service/solution offerings based on Okta. This individual is responsible for enabling partners on Okta and supporting the growth of certified resources worldwide. Content creation and pushing information to the partners in the field for mass consumption is a key priority. The right candidate will be an Identity and Access Management expert with a consultative approach, comfortable and competent to present and work with senior executives in the areas of strategic planning, solution development, technical business enablement and process management, all while growing revenue for Okta and Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive incremental revenue through increased Okta revenue through strategic partners
- Build and manage the technical relationships with the partners to assure effective positioning of Okta solutions
- Assist partners with prospects and customers interested in adopting the Okta service
- Promote selling of Okta based on value propositions, competitive differentiators, and advantages
- Provide oversight, guidance, and assistance during the partners sales process to ensure mutual success
- Lead technical discussions with partners on the value Okta can provide to their clients
- Gather, track, and translate partner feedback and help steer the Okta product roadmap
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the partners’s current areas of focus as well as in new areas for expansion
- Deliver formal and informal technical training sessions for partners
- Establish and maintain technical expertise on current and developing Okta products and technology
- Help develop partner collateral material in cooperation with sales and marketing
- Prepare partner demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
Key Performance Metrics
- Direct and influenced worldwide revenue growth
- Partner developed and driven go-to-market solution offering they drive into the market / their customer base
- Partner enablement and resource certification growth
- Experience in technical sales, preferably with broad experience and responsibility
- Comprehensive IAM / IDaaS competitive landscape knowledge
- Experience building and managing solutions and enablement programs, including all program lifecycle aspects: business case creation and approval, high-level architecture definition, resource plans, education/communication plans, etc.
- Stong presentation and communication skills at both an executive and technical level
- Strong knowledge of partner and channel business models
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess the ability to deliver on commitments and deliverables in a timely manner and work independently
- Program management experience desired
- A passion to serve partners, which has played out in some partner-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Confident sharing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience
- Native level of Japanese and business level of English
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.