Senior CIAM Specialist
Okta, New York; Virginia; New Jersey; Pennsylvania; Vermont; Massachusetts; Maryland;
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Thousands of enterprises and millions of users worldwide depend on Okta for authentication and authorization of their most mission-critical apps, APIs, and IoT devices. Okta continues to grow, and so does the volume and complexity of the needs of our prospective customers as security and identity management are now core concerns of every business. As a result, we are growing our Pre-Sales Engineering team and looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer to join our Enterprise team.
You’re a great match if you have the rare combination of technical savviness and business insight, and you’re looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Solutions Engineer at Okta, you will build sales presentations, product demonstrations and educate customers at every level, from developers to product managers to C-level executives, on the best ways to implement Okta customer identity and access management solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead Q&A sessions for prospective customers to understand their requirements and communicate the business value of meeting their needs with Okta CIAM solutions
- Deliver interactive presentations and product demonstrations to all levels of an organization
- Whiteboard solutions, modeling how Okta’s CIAM solution will support their current architecture requirements and use cases
- Execute well-defined, outcome-focused POCs
- Maintain a broad and deep technical understanding of the Okta product line and the underlying technologies and protocols
- Craft engaging solution content to position Okta’s value across multiple business units, including software engineering, operations, product management, and business stakeholders
- Occasionally participate in local and regional events evangelizing Okta as a presenter and attendee
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years experience with at least one backend stack (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby) or experience with a popular frontend stack (React, Angular)
- 3+ years experience working with REST APIs and SDKs
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and solutions, incorporating whiteboarding, practical examples, and product demonstrations
- Experience in a customer-facing role such as consulting, support, teaching, or pre-sales
- You’re a natural at building relationships, listening, and managing time well
We’d be incredibly excited if you have:
- Experience working in a Pre-Sales role as Sales Engineer or Solutions Engineer
- 1+ years experience with at least one authentication or authorization protocol (OAuth, OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, LDAP)
- Experience building web applications, incorporating both front and backend languages/frameworks
- Mobile (iOS, Android) development
- 2+ years of experience working with HTTP, HTML, and REST services. This includes the ability to use the dev tools in a browser to explain HTTP traffic and an HTTP client (like curl or Postman) to interact with an HTTP service
- Understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
((Colorado only*) Minimum OTE of $193,000/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.