Senior Software Engineer - Salesforce/Java (Remote Eligible)
Okta, United States
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Salesforce who will be part of a team developing the tools to integrate and build Okta’s enterprise applications and business solutions. In this role you will help to scale our business solutions to the next generation, enabling Okta to be the most efficient, scalable, and best-run company. The vision is to make Okta the system of record and help customers with their journey to the Cloud, continue to automate the journey, and lower the barrier of entry to their migration journey.
Our elite team is fast, innovative, and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies, and the chance to have a significant impact in a company that is changing the cloud computing landscape forever.
- As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a core engineering member of the team that builds, maintains, and improves our enterprise business solutions and their integrations, both inside and outside of the Salesforce platform.
- You will assist with any task required to support delivery of solutions, enhancements and to provide operational support.
- Works on complex features and issues, provides analysis and makes recommendations of solutions.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to create new tools, processes and technical solutions.
- We use the latest technology from AWS and you will be given the opportunity to experiment, recommend, and implement new technologies in our enterprise application space.
- Scripting, tools-building, and automation are paramount to Okta Engineering; everybody automates. You will be creating and coding tools for internal use to support high velocity development.
- Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of software development experience in a fast-paced technology company
- 2+ years hands-on Salesforce development with solid knowledge of APEX, VisualForce, Process Automation, and Triggers
- Experience building reliable, secure, and scalable solutions in the Salesforce platform and building rich user experiences using Lightning App Builder, Aura Lightning Components and LWC.
- Experience developing in an integrated SaaS application ecosystem including platforms such as Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, FinancialForce, and Anaplan
- Experience building solutions using AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, Fargate, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, and SES a strong plus
- Solid understanding of developing secure solutions that leverage native Salesforce practices to protect sensitive data.
- S. Computer Science or equivalent work experience
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $135,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one