Okta is seeking a Senior Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand and the curiosity to investigate new technology.
As a Senior Technical writer for Okta products, you will work on providing a positive content experience by guiding IT admins to perform key tasks, such as setup, policy configuration, provisioning, and user & group management using Okta’s product portfolios. This will include writing conceptual and product documentation, configuration and deployment guides, architectural diagrams, and tutorials to enable them to successfully leverage Okta’s products. You will be working closely with members across the Engineering, Product Management, QA, Support, and Customer Success teams to understand the product's new features and enhancements, real world use cases where Identity and Access Management features are used, and customer requirements and feedback to produce and maintain documentation.
If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and wants to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
This role is open to remote work within Canada. Candidates must reside and be able to work in Canada.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, edit, and produce accurate and effective technical documentation for Okta products.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Support, and other members of the Documentation team to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Analyze customer feedback before and after producing the documentation, and enhance quality of the content accordingly.
- Contribute to the internal initiative to enhance documentation standards, content architecture, website presentation, and processes.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in writing technical documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products. Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
- Knowledge or experience of Okta or similar Identity and Access Management products and technology
- Strong ability to understand practical applicability of security products in the real world and produce use case-based content
- Experience using Madcap Flare or similar authoring tool
- Knowledge of Git or Github experience
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation for global audience
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Business Development Representative - Dutch Speaking
Zuora, London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom