Developer Support Engineer II - Japan [Japanese speaking]
Okta, Tokyo; Osaka; Nagoya; Fukuoka; Sydney; Melbourne; Singapore
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here
We are seeking individuals with technical support experience to provide complex support services of the Auth0 SaaS solution. Reporting to the Regional Support Lead, this individual will work closely with our customers to provide break-fix support, operational maintenance, and support services. This position is an integral part of Auth0's long-term relationship with its global customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment..
- Support and maintain customers who have implemented the Auth0 SaaS solution, resolving technical and non-technical customer issues in a timely fashion
- Operational management of Support tickets
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clients and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Work as part of our extended support team in a startup atmosphere, doing whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations
- Use your business and technical analysis skills and knowledge of the Development lifecycle to solve complex issues and promote best practices
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction
- 2 years+ of technical support and/or software development OR 2-5 years+ of solid experience in a business or technical analyst role for medium to large scale business software implementation projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter — able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams
- Instinctive ability to subdivide problems into basic components in order to efficiently pinpoint the root cause of issues
- Customer-obsessed attitude — a customer advocate, always going the extra mile
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills
- Proactivity — identify opportunities and take preemptive action against potential problems
- Continuous growth — permanently look for areas of improvement, make plans on how to improve them, and execute those plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English
Technical Domain Focus
- Knowledge of software development fundamentals and common architectures
- Knowledge of HTTP, encryption, basic security concepts
- Understanding of authentication and authorization concepts
- Knowledge of one or more auth protocols/specifications: OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, WS-FED, LDAP, Azure AD, etc.
- There may be a requirement to join a rotation for weekend shifts, in order to ensure we can deliver outstanding service, 24x7
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.