Staff Application Security Engineer - Security Education
Okta, Vancouver (Remote)
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
Application Security Engineers on the Education team focus on creating training materials and delivering live sessions to the engineering teams. We work alongside the DevSecOps and Security Reviews teams to provide a consistent methodology for working with the engineering teams.
We are looking for an experienced Application Security engineer who has an interest in creating training materials and is comfortable presenting to a group of engineers. You will take ownership of improving the materials and processes enabling engineers to create more secure applications.
In addition to working on creating training materials and working on secure coding guidelines, you will have the opportunity to conduct security reviews including design reviews, secure code reviews, and penetration testing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Engineering teams to understand their current needs and identify new training opportunities
- Develop educational materials including videos, documentation, and other related resources
- Present live training sessions for different engineering teams
- Perform security reviews including threat modeling, secure code review, and penetration testing
- Work solo and collaboratively to deliver projects on time
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience presenting technical materials
- Ability to identify common (OWASP Top 10/CWE Top 25) web application vulnerabilities through secure code review (Java, .Net, Go, C, C++, C#, Swift, Kotlin, Python)
- Ability to conduct a manual Web Application Penetration Test using industry standard tools (ex: Burp Suite)
- Knowledge of modern web application components, architecture, and design principles
- Ability to explain vulnerability risks and remediation options to developers
- Experience working with Articulate Rise
- Experience writing proof of concept scripts to demonstrate vulnerability exploitation
- Experience working with content creation tools like Camtasia and Google Slides
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.