Windows Principal Software Engineer
Okta, Vancouver (Remote)
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service
About Okta Devices:
Passwordless is the future of identity and authentication, which is why we, at Okta, have made it our goal to redefine how users authenticate to services. Our mission is to provide frictionless and secure access to all the resources that our users need on a daily basis.
We are the Okta Devices organization and we are responsible for architecting and building web services as well as client software to implement our mission. One of our main products is FastPass, which is revolutionizing how users authenticate on the web.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced software development engineer to fulfill our vision. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in Windows software development and be enthusiastic about building engineering and core platform components for Windows. The role also gives the candidate a great opportunity to learn about interesting problems in security and identity space. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has great growth potential.
- You will join the Windows client Foundations team and implement Okta's devices line of products and the foundations for Windows client software.
- You are an experienced engineer and have a passion for working on Windows platforms, with strong knowledge on the Windows platform and architecture.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning, and helping customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a unique technology differentiator for Okta’s access management solution on Windows platform.
- Develop and deliver highly scalable software used daily by millions of users.
- Work on the foundations of our Windows client software and improve how we write, ship, and learn.
- Modernize our product delivery by contributing to build and deploy processes, test automation to improve product offerings and developer velocity.
- Interface with client engineers across multiple product areas to simplify and improve our developer experience.
- Code and implement unit/functional tests.
- Review software design and peer's code.
- Experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as git, github.
- Solid grasp of software engineering principles and practices.
- Well-organized, methodical, documentation and detail focused.
- Hands-on experience in writing C#.
- Understanding of Windows core functionality and the ability to debug client code.
- Knowledge of cloud delivery solutions like CircleCI, AppCenter, AppInsights, …
- Hands on experience in writing C++ and/or .NET
- Familiarity with Visual Studio, MSBuild, NuGet publishing and cake.build or similar is preferred. Deep knowledge about other build environments are also helpful.
- Familiarity with sysinternals tools and WinDbg.
- Familiarity with developing libraries / SDKs for the Windows platform
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Several years of software development experience. At least 2 years’ experience designing and building enterprise software on Windows.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 applications, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access for any user from any device. Thousands of customers, including 20th Century Fox, Adobe, Dish Networks, Experian, Flex, LinkedIn, and News Corp, trust Okta to help them work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.
Want to learn more about Okta? Visit Okta's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.