Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Android Developer who knows how to build out and maintain Android applications with multiple services. Right now, our API is built in Ruby on Rails.
If you're ready to guide technical decision making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this role is for you. We value agile, test-driven development and constant collaboration. Our team practices pair programming full time, so you’ll have the opportunity to learn techniques from everyone as well as to share your skills.
This role is located in our San Francisco headquarters.
You will be successful in this job if you have:
- Experience launching an Android app on the Play store
- Exposure to TDD and automated testing (Espresso / JUnit / Jenkins)
- 5+ years of Java experience for Android development (Kotlin is a bonus)
- An understanding of server-client relationships and networking libraries (e.g. Retrofit)
- Experience implementing a MVVM architecture using Google Architecture components (e.g. Jetpack)
- Experience with online/offline state syncing
- Familiarity with data binding
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
About Omada Health
About us We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: a new approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals from Google, IDEO, Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Humana.