Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
As a key part of our Market Access & Payer Relations team, the Strategic Account Executive, Health Plans position will be responsible for contributing to payer market strategy, securing favorable medical policy coverage of digital DPP, closing contracts for coverage of Omada, and maintaining ongoing relationships with American health plans and other payers. This position is a quota-holding, individual contributor role with assigned geography/prospect lists within the assigned market segment.
The Account Executive, Health Plans role will report to the Vice President, Sales. The ideal candidate has experience in securing medical policy coverage, health plan contracting/sales, payer strategy formulation, complex relationship management, and prior experience working in a health plan or other payer (clinical, program/product, and/or sales and account management) or selling clinical/medical products or programs to health plans. Compensation for this role will include a base salary plus an incentive component tied to individual and team coverage and contracting performance.
- Sales Execution - lead-generation-to-close; securing payer medical policy coverage targeting CMO’s and medical directors; payer coverage contracts across multiple health plan lines of business to enable Omada broad deployment for plan members
- Sales Strategy - payer sales targeting; deployment of Omada assets and resources throughout the sales cycle; optimal relationship navigation across multiple stakeholder groups within payers
- Payer Market Expertise - understand evolving details & dynamics of insurance players, near term trends impacting providers and payers, and maintain a clear and specific view on how the market will evolve over the next 2-5 years
- Marketing Strategy & Payer Campaign Execution - Build awareness with key decision-makers within payers – collaborate with Marketing, Enterprise Sales, and Clinical Affairs to execute regional/state/payer awareness campaigns; payer-related conference execution
- Voice of the Customer - provide prospect and client feedback to drive ongoing product innovation; field-level competitive intelligence gathering; trends impacting payers
You will be successful in this job if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as an employee in a health plan or other payer (clinical, program/product, and/or sales and marketing) or selling clinical products, programs, or solutions to health plans
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience maintaining ongoing relationships with large, complex clients
- Ability to close a sale, having the communication skills, credibility, and authority to handle each client from lead generation through contract execution
- Experience negotiating and structuring sales contracts with sophisticated buyers
- Experience learning and communicating clinical data and concepts for the purposes of sales and marketing to CMO’s, Medical Directors, C-suite, VP functional owners, and Sales/Account leads
- Perseverance to drive contracts for our unique solution forward, often educating the health plan about the required contracting model, claims submission parameters, and Omada’s fit within the landscape of existing health plan programs and resources
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- An agile, intelligent, dynamic thinker with ability to tailor messages and communications to the intended audience and respond nimbly during prospect meetings across numerous topics
- A team player that will work ardently towards exceeding their own quota and deliver outstanding results, but never do so at the expense of a colleague or Omada
- Competitive salary
- Stock options + extended post termination option exercise window (for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
About Omada Health
About us We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: a new approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals from Google, IDEO, Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Humana.