Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are a San Francisco-based healthcare and technology company and are looking for an experienced engineering manager to join our team....and then continue to help us grow the team! Our program supports people in making lifestyle changes to improve their health, and ultimately, their lives.
As an engineering manager in our B2B business, you will lead a team of software engineers in shipping full stack web applications and features that support the overall experience for our members. The team’s main goals are to create systems that tee-up a member’s care journey as well as managing client implementations and business operations. Our systems are at the heart of how our business operates and provides you with an excellent opportunity to innovate within the rigid healthcare industry to revolutionize how care is delivered in the United States. All in all, you will be a main thought leader in determining how we leverage technology to improve healthcare outcomes and also guide us through an architectural evolution to support a more streamlined platform. You get to lead this team within a supportive and inclusive environment using high quality and sustainable engineering practices including: CI/CD, TDD, and pair programming.
How you can make an impact:
- Lead a team of engineers to execute against the highest value opportunities for the business and evolve how healthcare is delivered in the US
- Work with partners and stakeholders (e.g. Product, design, etc.) to prioritize the day-to-day of the team based on the team’s composition and capacity
- Actively unblock the team so that they can make progress on their goals
- Manage performance of direct reports to the standards defined by the team’s manager in line with the rest of the engineering organization
- Provide growth opportunities for reports and give a path forward to help them achieve their career goals
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members
- Foster a culture of curiosity, learning, openness, and empathy on your team
You will love this job if you:
- Want to provide impact beyond your own individual contributions using hands-on leadership and influence to balance technical quality and time to market
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders to represent the needs of the engineering organization
- Have no issues having conversations about performance and communicating them directly to reports
What you need for this role:
- 4+ years of experience doing software development in a hands-on capacity with a focus on back-end development and data-heavy applications
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports and leading a team to achieve their objectives
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills (verbal and written)
- Expertise with CI/CD processes and frameworks
- Comfortable having difficult conversations with reports and other partners
- Experience capacity planning against a team’s composition and commitments
- Wanting to remain in a hands-on capacity with the team
- Experience with a service-oriented architecture
- Experience with major re-architectures and migrating large data sets in past experiences
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, Nomad)
- Experience with performance tuning for web applications
- Experience with data technologies
Technologies we use:
Redshift, Postgres, Ruby/Rails, React/Redux, NPM/Webpack, Git/GitLab, Docker, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Linux, Redis, Sidekiq, Searchkick, Sumologic, New Relic, PagerDuty, Rspec, Capybara, Cucumber
- Competitive salary
- Stock options + extended post termination option exercise window (for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioural medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
About Omada Health
About us We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: a new approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals from Google, IDEO, Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Humana.
Want to learn more about Omada Health? Visit Omada Health's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.