Manager, International Accounting
OnDeck, New York, NY
Helping small businesses reach their goals? We're on it.
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Finance team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, forecasters and liaisons to Wall Street. Whether it’s providing analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to drive results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower and funding to support OnDeck’s strategic plan. We’re results focused, but love our jobs and are always having fun – and we like it that way.
As the Manager of International Accounting at OnDeck, you will be primarily responsible for the accounting and reporting of our international operations as well as supporting the domestic accounting team on day-to-day accounting and reporting of our domestic operations and reporting. Advanced technical accounting knowledge of international accounting and reporting matters including (but not limited to) foreign currency matters, CTA, hedging, consolidation of foreign currency financial statements including cash flows, etc., is crucial. Working knowledge of IFRS is a definite plus.
As the Manager of International Accounting, you will:
- Be responsible for developing, where needed, and maintaining accounting policies and procedures between the parent company and international operations.
- Be the primary point of contact between parent and foreign subsidiaries’ accounting staff
- Support both the foreign subsidiaries as well as the U.S. accounting team monthly close procedures.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with transfer pricing and inter-company agreements
- Support external auditors as required
- Help develop, maintain and monitor SOX controls and procedures
- Work on ad-hoc projects and reporting
Qualifications for success:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- You have 6-10 years of total experience working as a Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, or Auditor at a major/mid-level accounting firm or for a public company. Financial Services experience a plus.
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience focused on international accounting matters using strong technical knowledge of foreign currency matters including foreign currency transactions, re-measurement and translation, foreign currency cash flows, FX hedging, etc.
- You are a CPA with a strong command of GAAP. Working knowledge of IFRS is a definite plus.
- You have a strong background with financial reporting, and financial statement preparation including inclusion of foreign currency financial statements into USD denominated parent financials.
- You have experience with journal entries, internal controls, as well as preparation participation in external audits
- You maintain the highest standards of accuracy, precision, discretion, and confidentiality
- You are skilled in MS Excel and have experience in various accounting software (NetSuite knowledge is a plus)
- You are comfortable working independently as well as working in a team environment and can multi-task while managing deadlines
- You embrace new skills and concepts quickly and efficiently
Preferred Experience (not required):
- Experience supporting accounting for M&A transactions
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**
Why We Do What We Do OnDeck launched in 2007 to solve a major issue facing small businesses: efficient access to capital. Our passion for Main Street and the cutting-edge technology we use to evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not solely business owners’ personal credit scores, make it possible for us to responsibly expand access to credit. This allows businesses to spend their time where it provides the most benefit—on their customers and on growing, not looking for a small business loan. We understand that financing a small business can be a challenge that requires more time than most small business owners have in a day. Business operations, accounts receivable, accounting, and marketing are all an important part of running a small business—and financing shouldn’t slow down your focus on these issues; it should instead help a business grow. OnDeck offers financing options like short and longer-term loans and lines of credit, in order to grow your business. Flexible terms and rates based on your business’ performance, and not solely personal credit history, may make an OnDeck loan an attractive option when compared to a traditional bank loan. We offer a quick response to loan applications by qualifying and evaluating business performance based upon a variety of important performance metrics. OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Want to learn more about OnDeck? Visit OnDeck's website.
Jobs You May Like
Smule, San Francisco, CA
Taboola, New York, NY
Senior Business Operations Analyst
Pivotal Software, Boston, Massachusetts, Washington DC Metro
Office Manager, LA
Flexport, Los Angeles, CA
Privacy and Transactions In House Counsel
Senior Financial Analyst – MBA Experience Multiple Locations
Visa, Foster City, US