Application Support Engineer
OnDeck, Arlington, VA
Helping small businesses reach their goals? We're on it.
At ODX, we’re focused on helping banks reinvent the small business lending process. We provide a unique combination of market-leading software, analytic insights, and professional services to deliver a game changing digital experience. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of OnDeck (NYSE: ONDK), one of the largest online small business lenders, ODX draws on the heritage of $10 billion loaned over the last decade. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
An ODX-powered bank experience allows customers to apply digitally, receive immediate decisions, and obtain funding as fast as same day. At the core of the ODX solution is a modular, scalable, and secure SaaS platform that enables banks to create a fully end-to-end digital experience or to select certain components. By utilizing the ODX platform, banks can focus on their desired business outcomes such as improved customer experiences, increased portfolio growth, and reduced processing costs.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will:
- Interact with every aspect of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and apply workarounds to resolve any technical issues with ODX internal and external applications.
- Manage the lifecycle of Incidents and Service Requests related to ODX production applications – from initial intake and clarification with the internal end user through fulfillment, resolution, and knowledge sharing.
- Act as the single point of contact for communication and coordination of resources when Major Incidents occur in production.
- Respond to tickets/requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule and manage batch jobs that are critical to the business and have complex dependencies.
- Learn about and help align the team with ITIL best practices.
- Be very popular inside our organization – people love having their issues resolved!
Personal Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be a team player and communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non-technologists.
- Exhibits and drives a strong commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Proven ability to develop and sustain strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Comfortable in highly dynamic environments. Action oriented with a flexible and entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Ability to hit the ground running with little oversight; ability to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize daily work, projects, and time sensitive requests.Flexibility to work off hours to respond and support any critical issues.
- High-energy and enthusiastic. Tech-savvy, forward-thinking mindset.
- Customer Obsessed.
About You (Required)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar.
- Very strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Knowledge of Unix/ Linux commands.
- Experience in working in Linux environment.
- Strong knowledge of Database Management and SQL queries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 1 year working in support of partner/client relationship(s).
- Strong understanding software architecture and supporting technologies.
About You (Great if you have this experience too!)
- Experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience working in the Financial industry or with Web applications.
- Knowledge of any programming language like java, python, bash will be a huge plus.
- Ability to automate manual works through scripting.
- ITIL certifications or experience working in an ITIL environment.
ODX’s groundbreaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**
Why We Do What We Do OnDeck launched in 2007 to solve a major issue facing small businesses: efficient access to capital. Our passion for Main Street and the cutting-edge technology we use to evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not solely business owners’ personal credit scores, make it possible for us to responsibly expand access to credit. This allows businesses to spend their time where it provides the most benefit—on their customers and on growing, not looking for a small business loan. We understand that financing a small business can be a challenge that requires more time than most small business owners have in a day. Business operations, accounts receivable, accounting, and marketing are all an important part of running a small business—and financing shouldn’t slow down your focus on these issues; it should instead help a business grow. OnDeck offers financing options like short and longer-term loans and lines of credit, in order to grow your business. Flexible terms and rates based on your business’ performance, and not solely personal credit history, may make an OnDeck loan an attractive option when compared to a traditional bank loan. We offer a quick response to loan applications by qualifying and evaluating business performance based upon a variety of important performance metrics. OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.