OnDeck, New York, NY; Arlington, VA; Denver, CO
Helping small businesses reach their goals? We're on it.
At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
This is an engineering and operations position within the Security Team. You will be installing and maintaining new security technology, making recommendations about the security of the production infrastructure, and responding to security incidents.
As a Security Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
- Test, design, implement, and maintain new security tools
- Explore and make recommendations to secure AWS environments
- Perform in-depth analysis on new infrastructure being brought into the OnDeck environment
- Respond to security incidents that are raised by our MSSP
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 3+ years’ experience with CyberSecurity
- Experience with at least one of the following tools: IPS, Multi-Factor Authentication, SIEM, Identity and Access Management, or Digital Forensics
- Experience with AWS, in at least one of the following: IAM Roles, KMS, Secure AWS Configuration, or AWS DDoS Protections
- Experience Deploying, Maintaining, and Upgrading Enterprise Applications
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience with Configuration Management software, such as Ansible or Chef
- Experience with Containerization (Docker) or Virtual Machines (VMWare)
- Experience with Firewalls, Routers, Switches, or other network gear
- Software Development experience
- Encryption knowledge, such as HSM, DSM, or Key Management Experience
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
Why Choose Us
We’re creating opportunities for small businesses and team members to grow and succeed. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration and aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work and don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Office Learning & Development Training.
Awards we've received:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**
Why We Do What We Do OnDeck launched in 2007 to solve a major issue facing small businesses: efficient access to capital. Our passion for Main Street and the cutting-edge technology we use to evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not solely business owners’ personal credit scores, make it possible for us to responsibly expand access to credit. This allows businesses to spend their time where it provides the most benefit—on their customers and on growing, not looking for a small business loan. We understand that financing a small business can be a challenge that requires more time than most small business owners have in a day. Business operations, accounts receivable, accounting, and marketing are all an important part of running a small business—and financing shouldn’t slow down your focus on these issues; it should instead help a business grow. OnDeck offers financing options like short and longer-term loans and lines of credit, in order to grow your business. Flexible terms and rates based on your business’ performance, and not solely personal credit history, may make an OnDeck loan an attractive option when compared to a traditional bank loan. We offer a quick response to loan applications by qualifying and evaluating business performance based upon a variety of important performance metrics. OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Want to learn more about OnDeck? Visit OnDeck's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Feature Platform
Pinterest, San Francisco
Firmware Software Engineer in Test
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Elastic, Distributed, US
Senior Front End Engineer
Kickstarter, Brooklyn, NY
Senior DevOps Engineer, CI/CD
Elementum, Elementum HQ
Senior Systems Administrator