Security Engineer - Partnerships
OnDeck, New York, NY; Arlington, VA
Helping small businesses reach their goals? We're on it.
At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
This is an engineering and operations position within the Security Team. You will be installing and maintaining new security technology, making recommendations about the security of the production infrastructure, and responding to security incidents.
As a Security Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
- Test, design, implement, and maintain new security tools.
- Explore and make recommendations to secure AWS environments.
- Perform in-depth analysis on new infrastructure being brought into the OnDeck environment.
- Respond to security incidents that are raised by our MSSP.
- Be integral to the team responsible for OnDeck’s digital loan originations platform for banks and maintain current clients on the existing stack.
- Develop and implement the next generation platform for enterprise clients.
- Collaborate in an innovative startup environment with the support of an established profitable business and client base.
- Work with leading global financial institutions to deliver large-scale transformation.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Prior experience with CyberSecurity
- Experience with at least one of the following tools: IPS, Multi-Factor Authentication, SIEM, Identity and Access Management, or Digital Forensics
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, in at least one of the following: IAM Roles, KMS, Secure AWS Configuration, or AWS DDoS Protections
- Experience Deploying, Maintaining, and Upgrading Enterprise Applications
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience with Configuration Management software, such as Ansible or Chef
- Experience with Containerization (Docker) or Virtual Machines (VMWare)
- Experience with Firewalls, Routers, Switches, or other network gear
- Software Development experience
- Encryption knowledge, such as HSM, DSM, or Key Management Experience
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $8 billion to more than 80,000 small businesses in over 700 industries throughout the United States, Canada and Australia.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
In addition to our great benefits: https://www.ondeck.com/company/careers/
Compensation Model with Upside Tied to Success of the Platform. 401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Discounted Gym Membership. Company Outings. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Office Learning & Development Training. Community Involvement.
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**
Why We Do What We Do OnDeck launched in 2007 to solve a major issue facing small businesses: efficient access to capital. Our passion for Main Street and the cutting-edge technology we use to evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not solely business owners’ personal credit scores, make it possible for us to responsibly expand access to credit. This allows businesses to spend their time where it provides the most benefit—on their customers and on growing, not looking for a small business loan. We understand that financing a small business can be a challenge that requires more time than most small business owners have in a day. Business operations, accounts receivable, accounting, and marketing are all an important part of running a small business—and financing shouldn’t slow down your focus on these issues; it should instead help a business grow. OnDeck offers financing options like short and longer-term loans and lines of credit, in order to grow your business. Flexible terms and rates based on your business’ performance, and not solely personal credit history, may make an OnDeck loan an attractive option when compared to a traditional bank loan. We offer a quick response to loan applications by qualifying and evaluating business performance based upon a variety of important performance metrics. OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, and general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise.
Want to learn more about OnDeck? Visit OnDeck's website.
Jobs You May Like
Web Applications Engineer
Red Ventures, Austin, TX
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineer in Test
Dataminr, New York
Senior Software Engineer - Observability
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Senior Engineering Manager, CMS
Ellation, San Francisco
Data Engineering Manager, FinTech
Netflix, Los Gatos, California