Social Science Researcher
OpenAI, San Francisco
Discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence.
- Track record of rigorous experiments with humans in some field of social science (possibilities include experimental psychology, cognitive science, economics, political science, social psychology, etc.), as demonstrated by one or more first author publications or projects.
- Statistics experience for experimental analysis and design.
- Proven interest in long-term AI safety and AI alignment.
- Collaborate with machine learning researchers to invent and tune AI alignment algorithms that are well matched to the behavior of real people.
- Conduct human-only experiments testing whether these algorithms perform well with humans, replacing AI agents with humans for modeling purposes. This includes detailed experiment design, assembling and organizing people to participate in experiments, overseeing or building any necessary tool support for experiments, and analyzing results.
- Plan future research in this area, anticipating issues that might occur due to known or guessed human biases or weaknesses
- As ML capabilities progress, work with ML researchers to merge knowledge gained on the human side with the ML side.
OpenAI is a non-profit AI research company, discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence. OpenAI's mission is to build safe AGI, and ensure AGI's benefits are as widely and evenly distributed as possible. We expect AI technologies to be hugely impactful in the short term, but their impact will be outstripped by that of the first AGIs. We're a non-profit research company. Our full-time staff of 60 researchers and engineers is dedicated to working towards our mission regardless of the opportunities for selfish gain which arise along the way. We focus on long-term research, working on problems that require us to make fundamental advances in AI capabilities. By being at the forefront of the field, we can influence the conditions under which AGI is created. As Alan Kay said, "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." We publish at top machine learning conferences, open-source software tools for accelerating AI research, and release blog posts to communicate our research. We will not keep information private for private benefit, but in the long term, we expect to create formal processes for keeping technologies private when there are safety concerns.
Want to learn more about OpenAI? Visit OpenAI's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Backend, Operations Technology
Software Engineer, Market Dynamics
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Graphics/Engine Lead Programmer, Zenly
Snap Inc., Paris, France
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Mercari, Boston, MA
Staff Software Engineer
Visa, Austin TX, US
Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Unbabel, Lisbon, Portugal