Strategic Finance Lead
OpenAI, San Francisco
Discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence.
Your responsibilities include
- Building and maintaining OpenAI’s operating model and budget
- Preparing materials for our Board of Directors
- Analyzing, recommending, and overseeing large strategic projects and investments
- Supporting fundraising processes and managing relationships with investors
- Leading negotiations with key vendors and partners
- Assisting in financial diligence for potential acquisition targets, as needed
- Interfacing with technical team leads to understand and implement strategic priorities
- Working with OpenAI’s Controllership to analyze deviations in budgeted versus actual results
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or similar from a top university
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking or consulting
- Exceptionally strong analytical, financial modeling, and presentation skills
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
You might enjoy this role if
- You’re an owner. You take extreme accountability of projects from day one and approach them creatively and energetically. You take deadlines seriously and are organized. You’re reliable and trustworthy.
- You’re highly analytical. Your attention to detail is impeccable, but you know when and where to simplify complex concepts. You’re tenacious and naturally want to get to the right answer. You’re a lifelong learner.
- You’re strategic. You think on multi-year timescales and can translate that mode of thinking to your day-to-day decision making. You’re comfortable evaluating large investments.
- You’re a team player. You’re a strong communicator who can explain complex topics with ease, in any format. You intuitively understand the importance of keeping everyone in the loop, and you take proactive measures to do so. You’re intellectually honest.
- You’re passionate about technology and artificial intelligence.
OpenAI is a non-profit AI research company, discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence. OpenAI's mission is to build safe AGI, and ensure AGI's benefits are as widely and evenly distributed as possible. We expect AI technologies to be hugely impactful in the short term, but their impact will be outstripped by that of the first AGIs. We're a non-profit research company. Our full-time staff of 60 researchers and engineers is dedicated to working towards our mission regardless of the opportunities for selfish gain which arise along the way. We focus on long-term research, working on problems that require us to make fundamental advances in AI capabilities. By being at the forefront of the field, we can influence the conditions under which AGI is created. As Alan Kay said, "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." We publish at top machine learning conferences, open-source software tools for accelerating AI research, and release blog posts to communicate our research. We will not keep information private for private benefit, but in the long term, we expect to create formal processes for keeping technologies private when there are safety concerns.
Want to learn more about OpenAI? Visit OpenAI's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Director of Compliance
Bright Health, Denver, Colorado