OpenAI, San Francisco
Discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence.
- Develop our information security roadmap with OpenAI’s researchers, developers, and IT team.
- Develop and implement a broad security awareness program for employees to mitigate phishing risks and increase reporting of anomalous activity.
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls across endpoints (MacOS, Windows), servers (Linux), and SAAS/self-hosted applications.
- Develop and deploy centralized logging and alerting infrastructure to proactively identify malicious threats.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to improve security for identity access and management (IAM), device management, and public cloud service providers (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls for e-mail (SPF, DKIM, DMARC, attachment sandboxing, etc.) and other collaboration applications.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of direct information security experience with deep exposure in protecting one or more operating system platforms (Windows or MacOS) and a willingness to become an expert in protecting MacOS.
- Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure) and a willingness to become an expert in protecting Azure and our internal application infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of modern adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Ability to empathize and collaborate with colleagues, independently manage and run projects, and ruthlessly prioritize efforts for risk reduction.
- Intermediate or better proficiency with a scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Python, or similar).
- Experience building and maintaining enterprise logging pipelines (e.g. Splunk, Kibana, SumoLogic).
OpenAI is a non-profit AI research company, discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence. OpenAI's mission is to build safe AGI, and ensure AGI's benefits are as widely and evenly distributed as possible. We expect AI technologies to be hugely impactful in the short term, but their impact will be outstripped by that of the first AGIs. We're a non-profit research company. Our full-time staff of 60 researchers and engineers is dedicated to working towards our mission regardless of the opportunities for selfish gain which arise along the way. We focus on long-term research, working on problems that require us to make fundamental advances in AI capabilities. By being at the forefront of the field, we can influence the conditions under which AGI is created. As Alan Kay said, "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." We publish at top machine learning conferences, open-source software tools for accelerating AI research, and release blog posts to communicate our research. We will not keep information private for private benefit, but in the long term, we expect to create formal processes for keeping technologies private when there are safety concerns.