As a Senior Software Engineer you will be one of the technical leaders of the OpenSesame engineering team. Our team has a strong culture of working in an agile, continuous improvement and automation environment. We recognize the need to always improve, to look objectively at where things are getting better or worse, and take action. You will be expected to be a great engineer, teaching, learning, mentoring, planning and most of all, developing systems that will move OpenSesame forward.
An Ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of experience in DevOps and/or Development.
- Have a background in continuous build and deployment, in particular automation of environment creation and deployment in AWS and other cloud environments.
- Strong in automation scripting, C#, PHP, Python or Typescript.
- Be a fearless automator able to read and write multiple languages to facilitate automation wherever it is needed.
- Never be satisfied, always see room for improvement in process and technology.
- Have strong software engineering background to keep automation well factored and under automated test whenever possible.
- Have experience with automation of environment creation and automation around fully virtualized environments.
- Have a thirst to explore and evaluate supporting different mechanisms for code execution and or deployment for instance Docker or Lambda and equivalents.
- Possess excellent technical and personal communications skills including writing documentation and diagraming when appropriate, we are first and foremost a team.
- A habit of forever learning, both from others and individually.
- Have great mentoring skills and a track record or improving the team around them.
Our tech stack is outline below, however, we strongly believe in using the right technology for a given job and in constantly experimenting to see what new technology can do for us. That being said we have systems using or implemented in:
- .NET C#
- Angular (also typescript)
- AWS for everything outside of local development.
If you want to join a growing team dedicated to continuous learning and improvement come join us.
What We Do OpenSesame makes buying and selling elearning courses as easy as downloading a song from iTunes. Preview courses, read reviews and research sellers in our marketplace. Buy courses with no subscriptions or long-term commitments and use them instantly in any Learning Management System (LMS). Let us do the heavy lifting, so you can focus on choosing the best courses for your employees. Why We Do It We enjoy simplifying processes and making systems better. It’s what excites us and keeps us energized. While running an LMS for the trade industry, we were frustrated by the lack of compelling content and grueling sales process to gain access to courses. We recognized the innovative techniques being used in the digital media realm and realized a similar process could be used to empower businesses to create a custom course catalog for their employee development. Since our launch in July 2011, we’ve focused on building out our content with the goal to be the largest marketplace for online training courses. How we’re different. We value transparency and simplicity in order to provide a fantastic customer experience. Buyers can personalize their interaction either through browsing our extensive listing of courses online or interacting with one of our content specialists to custom build their training catalog. Sellers can stick with the LMS they know best and can rest easy knowing their material is protected. At OpenSesame, we measure our success based on the ease and speed of your experience.
Want to learn more about OpenSesame? Visit OpenSesame's website.
Jobs You May Like
Ebury API Tech Lead (Python/Flask) - London
Application Developer (Full-Stack)
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Reliability
Lyft, San Francisco
Senior Data Engineer
Treasure Data, Tokyo, Japan
Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer II
Merrill, Minneapolis, MN (USA)