Product Support Associate
At OpenSesame we don't just pay lip service to providing great customer experiences. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which results in happy, passionate, loyal customers. We want to do more than simply respond to problems - we want to surpass customer expectations by connecting them with an advocate who will take personal responsibility for resolving their Support case. The Community Support Associate must exemplify our commitment to provide excellent service that thrills our customers. The ideal candidate for this position will be organized, self-directed, comfortable with technology, and great with people. We are a collaborative team looking for someone who isn't afraid to hit the job running with a positive attitude and great ideas!
Support is a small team that works closely together and reports to the Product team. Our environment requires an imaginative thinker with the ability to work both independently on various projects and collaborate effectively with other team members. We have a great team and a friendly place to work where we enjoy the freedom to innovate with a variety of technologies. If you are a self-starter with an inquisitive mind and a track record of delivering excellent results that thrill your customers and teammates, then we may have an opportunity for you!
Working on the Product Support Team you will serve as a frontline operative in assisting with all aspects of buyer and end user support, including technical troubleshooting, content testing, and product quality assurance. As part of the Product Support team, you will also deliver value to our customers by championing changes internally that will increase usage, success, and satisfaction. This is considered a foundational role as our company expands.
- Provide exemplary frontline support for customers via chats, emails, and phone calls.
- Identify and escalate advanced issues to Support Engineers or the Product team for resolution.
- Track open issues from beginning to end, proactively monitor them, and communicate with customers to ensure resolution and satisfaction.
- Participate in screen shares and calls to troubleshoot with customers and internal and external stakeholders in real time.
- Conduct product and course testing, coordinating with course publishers as needed.
- Partner with Customer Success to deliver product expertise and assist with technical calls.
- Maintain cross-team relationships and prioritize customer needs by attending interdepartmental workflow meetings.
- Leverage insight and knowledge of the customer experience to drive product strategy and bring change.
- Understand all OpenSesame products, services, processes, and guidelines and communicate them consistently to all team members.
- Update and maintain internal knowledge base, training materials, and documentation.
- Customer focused with a genuine passion for interacting with customers, answering inquiries, and solving complex issues.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and clearly communicate them to varied backgrounds and skill levels.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and patiently empathize with customers.
- A self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change.
- Desire to constantly learn, develop new skills, and take on projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce.com, and other customer service products a plus.
- Committed to reclaiming Support’s title of “Best Group Costume” on Halloween.
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 6am-3pm, 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, or 9am-6pm
Based in Portland, Oregon, OpenSesame is an open marketplace for eLearning that connects eLearning buyers and sellers. Buyers browse over 20,000 courses in a wide variety of business topics, from workplace safety to business skills- all compatible with any learning management system. For more information, visit www.opensesame.com
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
What We Do OpenSesame makes buying and selling elearning courses as easy as downloading a song from iTunes. Preview courses, read reviews and research sellers in our marketplace. Buy courses with no subscriptions or long-term commitments and use them instantly in any Learning Management System (LMS). Let us do the heavy lifting, so you can focus on choosing the best courses for your employees. Why We Do It We enjoy simplifying processes and making systems better. It’s what excites us and keeps us energized. While running an LMS for the trade industry, we were frustrated by the lack of compelling content and grueling sales process to gain access to courses. We recognized the innovative techniques being used in the digital media realm and realized a similar process could be used to empower businesses to create a custom course catalog for their employee development. Since our launch in July 2011, we’ve focused on building out our content with the goal to be the largest marketplace for online training courses. How we’re different. We value transparency and simplicity in order to provide a fantastic customer experience. Buyers can personalize their interaction either through browsing our extensive listing of courses online or interacting with one of our content specialists to custom build their training catalog. Sellers can stick with the LMS they know best and can rest easy knowing their material is protected. At OpenSesame, we measure our success based on the ease and speed of your experience.