OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. We have the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers. While it appears to most people that we just sell training courses (a lot of them), we really offer the opportunity for companies to upgrade the skills of each of their employees. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Team:
The Product team at OpenSesame is responsible for developing our strategic roadmap and delivering high-value products and features for our customers. We define, design, launch and support the OpenSesame platform with learning administrators and individual learners. We are obsessed with delivering a fantastic customer experience.
About the Job
As a designer, strategist and systems-level design thinker, you will provide leadership to a team of designers and direction for a design domain of products and components. You will collaborate with other Designers, Product and Engineering teams to create holistic, compelling and delightful experiences for our customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be designing, developing, and improving the OpenSesame platform in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering. You will define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and user experience. You will use existing skills and learn new ones--always taking a user-driven approach to your work.
Are you a forward-thinking problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design ? Do you care deeply about education and the future of online learning? If you are comfortable working in a rapidly evolving field and want to navigate the intersection of learning and technology this could be the role for you!
- Within 90 days, establish a strong but flexible design system in collaboration with the engineering team
- Deliver UX workflows and UI designs to support team delivery of all course lifecycle management and delivery features by the end of 2020.
- Devise short and long term UI and UX strategy for OpenSesame products to further the company’s vision and brand presence.
- Build a scalable, repeatable product design process that emphasizes strong cross-team collaboration, usability/customer research, and the latest advances in UI/UX worldwide
- Develop a world-class UI/UX team that effectively delivers intuitive, consistent design across all products and teams. continually honing their skills as individuals and as a design group.
- Leading cross-team conceptual development; being a strategic thought leader in how to implement unmatched experiences that represent the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Developing UX and UI designs from initial ideation, through rapid iteration, to engineering implementation.
- Build and maintain design systems in collaboration with Engineering to optimize design delivery, ensure consistent design, and reduce recurring engineering implementation costs
- Develop junior and mid-level members of the design team; working with the business to understand what it needs from the UX team.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, Computer Sciences, or a related discipline
- 5+ year’s UI/UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-on interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Passion for understanding (and keeping the team informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Commitment to ensuring design consistency and continuity across projects
- Focus on leadership through collaboration and positivity
- Experience working with cross-functional teams — including design, content, SMEs, product, business, and engineering — to provide focus and priority for new features
- Industry experience in working with training and HR related data sets is a plus
Please send us what you consider your three best UI/UX designs. A link to your online portfolio would be helpful.
We help companies worldwide train their amazingly diverse workforces. We understand how different perspectives are vital to the success of a company. At OpenSesame, we are committed to inclusion across race, gender, religion, age, and identity. We work hard, challenge ourselves to learn quickly, embrace daily improvements, and support each other and our customers every step of the way. Driven by our people. Strengthened by our differences.
What We Do OpenSesame makes buying and selling elearning courses as easy as downloading a song from iTunes. Preview courses, read reviews and research sellers in our marketplace. Buy courses with no subscriptions or long-term commitments and use them instantly in any Learning Management System (LMS). Let us do the heavy lifting, so you can focus on choosing the best courses for your employees. Why We Do It We enjoy simplifying processes and making systems better. It’s what excites us and keeps us energized. While running an LMS for the trade industry, we were frustrated by the lack of compelling content and grueling sales process to gain access to courses. We recognized the innovative techniques being used in the digital media realm and realized a similar process could be used to empower businesses to create a custom course catalog for their employee development. Since our launch in July 2011, we’ve focused on building out our content with the goal to be the largest marketplace for online training courses. How we’re different. We value transparency and simplicity in order to provide a fantastic customer experience. Buyers can personalize their interaction either through browsing our extensive listing of courses online or interacting with one of our content specialists to custom build their training catalog. Sellers can stick with the LMS they know best and can rest easy knowing their material is protected. At OpenSesame, we measure our success based on the ease and speed of your experience.
Want to learn more about OpenSesame? Visit OpenSesame's website.
The social news and entertainment company.