OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. With the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers, we are here to help you every step of the way, from finding courses, mapping them to your core competencies, syncing them with your LMS to increasing utilization and improving your L&D programs. Not only will you have the flexibility of multiple purchasing options from OpenSesame, you’ll find it simple to use and administer your e-learning courses. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Job
As a Software Engineer with a focus on DevOps you will be the foundation of our product development-embedded DevOps team. Our DevOps team is daily working on tools, patterns and services to be used by multiple of our development teams. Every day you will be learning new things, automating, improving and collaborating as we strive to accelerate all the development teams at OpenSesame..
If you have some experience as a software engineer but have always found yourself drawn to the build systems, the deployment process, the repeatable low level pattern then we have a great team here to help you truly focus on DevOps as a profession!
About the Technology
Our tech stack is outlined below, however, we strongly believe in using the right technology for a given job and in constantly experimenting to see what new technology can do for us. That being said we have systems using or implemented in:
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Github Actions
- .NET C#
Requirements / Qualifications
- Have a background in continuous build and deployment, in particular automation of environment creation and deployment in AWS and other cloud environments.
- Be a fearless automator able to read and write multiple languages to facilitate automation wherever it is needed.
- Never be satisfied, always see room for improvement in process and technology.
- Have a strong software engineering background to keep automation well factored and under automated test whenever possible.
- Have experience with automation of environment creation and automation around fully virtualized environments.
- Have a thirst to explore and evaluate supporting different mechanisms for code execution and or deployment for instance Docker or Lambda and equivalents.
- Possess excellent technical and personal communications skills including writing documentation and diagraming when appropriate, we are first and foremost a team.
- A habit of forever learning, both from others and individually.
- Have great mentoring skills and a track record or improving the team around them.
We help companies worldwide train their amazingly diverse workforces. We understand how different perspectives are vital to the success of a company. At OpenSesame, we are committed to inclusion across race, gender, religion, age, and identity. We work hard, challenge ourselves to learn quickly, embrace daily improvements, and support each other and our customers every step of the way. Driven by our people. Strengthened by our differences.
Become the Best Version of Yourself
We want OpenSesame to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and the world we live in.
We know that a variety of perspectives and voices strengthen our ability to deliver the spark of learning to everyone.
We hold ourselves accountable to create more diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities through continuous learning, personal growth, and working to support our customers.
We welcome you to bring your authentic self to our team and grow beyond your expectations.
What We Do OpenSesame makes buying and selling elearning courses as easy as downloading a song from iTunes. Preview courses, read reviews and research sellers in our marketplace. Buy courses with no subscriptions or long-term commitments and use them instantly in any Learning Management System (LMS). Let us do the heavy lifting, so you can focus on choosing the best courses for your employees. Why We Do It We enjoy simplifying processes and making systems better. It’s what excites us and keeps us energized. While running an LMS for the trade industry, we were frustrated by the lack of compelling content and grueling sales process to gain access to courses. We recognized the innovative techniques being used in the digital media realm and realized a similar process could be used to empower businesses to create a custom course catalog for their employee development. Since our launch in July 2011, we’ve focused on building out our content with the goal to be the largest marketplace for online training courses. How we’re different. We value transparency and simplicity in order to provide a fantastic customer experience. Buyers can personalize their interaction either through browsing our extensive listing of courses online or interacting with one of our content specialists to custom build their training catalog. Sellers can stick with the LMS they know best and can rest easy knowing their material is protected. At OpenSesame, we measure our success based on the ease and speed of your experience.
Want to learn more about OpenSesame? Visit OpenSesame's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.