OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. With the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers, we are here to help you every step of the way, from finding courses, mapping them to your core competencies, syncing them with your LMS to increasing utilization and improving your L&D programs. Not only will you have the flexibility of multiple purchasing options from OpenSesame, but you’ll also find it simple to use and administer your e-learning courses. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Team
The product team at OpenSesame is responsible for developing our strategic roadmap and delivering high-value products and features for our customers. We define, design, launch and support the OpenSesame platform with learning administrators and individual learners. We are obsessed with delivering a fantastic customer experience.
About the Job
As a Product Manager, you will work directly with customers, prospects, and internal teams to deliver new e-learning products and evolve the OpenSesame platform. You possess a blend of business and technical savvy: a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Within 90 days, a Product Manager at OpenSesame will serve as the Product Owner for one of our Scrum teams:
- Work with clients, product management, business stakeholders and software engineering teams to identify and define user stories for building product features that contribute to the team and company OKRs
- Work closely with product design and engineering to ensure your user stories are built to meet key stakeholder objectives and fulfill OKRs.
Within 6 months
- Lead delivery of product roadmap features across all company disciplines to ensure successful feature launches
- Develop, maintain, and analyze feature and team metrics to guide decisions and define success.
- Establish the six-month (at least) roadmap for their product domain and get customer, stakeholder and team buy in.
- Research partnership opportunities to determine the right technology vendors to integrate with to complement our platform
Role Specific Job Duties
- Autonomously drive one or more major product domains, defining and delivering business results with key stakeholders
- Establish business case, go-to-market strategies and success criteria for new products and services, in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Track technology trends and validate product requirements and specifications in collaboration with colleagues, lead customers and channel partners
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning & roadmap development to tactical execution and market launch
- Play a lead role in the agile development process by prioritizing the backlog and participating in development sprints
- Work closely with internal customers to successfully launch new products and features, insuring that sales & CSM, marketing, support and partner teams have what they need to be successful
- Analyze and report on the product performance, reflecting on successes and identifying areas for continuous improvement
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- 2-3 years experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Associate PM in enterprise SaaS platforms
- Extensive experience in full software development lifecycle duties including requirements gathering, design, estimation, prototyping, implementation, and quality assurance
- Customer-facing communication skills required
- Prior experience leading or managing the development of new products and services preferred
- Proven track record of successful new product development with an agile technology team, preferably using Scrum
We help companies worldwide train their amazingly diverse workforces. We understand how different perspectives are vital to the success of a company. At OpenSesame, we are committed to inclusion across race, gender, religion, age, and identity. We work hard, challenge ourselves to learn quickly, embrace daily improvements, and support each other and our customers every step of the way. Driven by our people. Strengthened by our differences.
Become the Best Version of Yourself
We want OpenSesame to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and the world we live in.
We know that a variety of perspectives and voices strengthen our ability to deliver the spark of learning to everyone.
We hold ourselves accountable to create more diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities through continuous learning, personal growth, and working to support our customers.
We welcome you to bring your authentic self to our team and grow beyond your expectations.
What We Do OpenSesame makes buying and selling elearning courses as easy as downloading a song from iTunes. Preview courses, read reviews and research sellers in our marketplace. Buy courses with no subscriptions or long-term commitments and use them instantly in any Learning Management System (LMS). Let us do the heavy lifting, so you can focus on choosing the best courses for your employees. Why We Do It We enjoy simplifying processes and making systems better. It’s what excites us and keeps us energized. While running an LMS for the trade industry, we were frustrated by the lack of compelling content and grueling sales process to gain access to courses. We recognized the innovative techniques being used in the digital media realm and realized a similar process could be used to empower businesses to create a custom course catalog for their employee development. Since our launch in July 2011, we’ve focused on building out our content with the goal to be the largest marketplace for online training courses. How we’re different. We value transparency and simplicity in order to provide a fantastic customer experience. Buyers can personalize their interaction either through browsing our extensive listing of courses online or interacting with one of our content specialists to custom build their training catalog. Sellers can stick with the LMS they know best and can rest easy knowing their material is protected. At OpenSesame, we measure our success based on the ease and speed of your experience.
Want to learn more about OpenSesame? Visit OpenSesame's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one