OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. We have the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers. While it appears to most people that we just sell training courses (a lot of them), we really offer the opportunity for companies to upgrade the skills of each of their employees. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the Team:
The Product team at OpenSesame is responsible for developing our strategic roadmap and delivering high-value products and features for our customers. We define, design, launch and support the OpenSesame platform with learning administrators and individual learners. We are obsessed with delivering a fantastic customer experience.
About the Job
You will collaborate with other Designers, Product and Engineering teams to create holistic, compelling and delightful experiences for our customers on a day-to-day basis, you will be designing, developing, and improving the OpenSesame platform in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering. You will define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and user experience. You will use existing skills and learn new ones--always taking a user-driven approach to your work.
Are you a forward-thinking problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design ? Do you care deeply about education and the future of online learning? If you are comfortable working in a rapidly evolving field and want to navigate the intersection of learning and technology this could be the role for you!
- Within 30 days, demonstrate solid understanding of our design process, design system and overall how we deliver products to our users.
- Within 60 days, be embedded within your domain working with Product Managers, Engineers and Stakeholders contributing to the product process and delivering design.
- Within 90 days, have a solid understanding of the OpenSesame ecosystem as a whole to be able to contribute in other areas outside of your domain.
- Conduct user research, gain insights on our user’s behavior, and use findings to influence design decisions.
- Collaborate with fellow Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Stakeholders to uncover user needs and opportunities
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Developing UX and UI designs from initial ideation, through rapid iteration, to engineering implementation.
- Maintain and expand our design systems in collaboration with fellow Designers and Engineering to optimize design delivery, ensure consistent design, and reduce recurring engineering implementation costs
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, Computer Sciences, or a related discipline
- 3+ year’s UI/UX design experience (and the portfolio to prove it) as a key, hands-on interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Passion for understanding (and keeping the team informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Commitment to ensuring design consistency and continuity across projects
- Experience working with cross-functional teams — including design, content, SMEs, product, business, and engineering — to provide focus and priority for new features
- Industry experience in working with training and HR related data sets is a plus
Please send us what you consider your three best UI/UX designs. A link to your online portfolio would be helpful.
Become the Best Version of Yourself
We want OpenSesame to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and the world we live in. We know that a variety of perspectives and voices strengthen our ability to deliver the spark of learning to everyone. We hold ourselves accountable to create more diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities through continuous learning, personal growth, and working to support our customers. We welcome you to bring your authentic self to our team and grow beyond your expectations.
What We Do OpenSesame makes buying and selling elearning courses as easy as downloading a song from iTunes. Preview courses, read reviews and research sellers in our marketplace. Buy courses with no subscriptions or long-term commitments and use them instantly in any Learning Management System (LMS). Let us do the heavy lifting, so you can focus on choosing the best courses for your employees. Why We Do It We enjoy simplifying processes and making systems better. It’s what excites us and keeps us energized. While running an LMS for the trade industry, we were frustrated by the lack of compelling content and grueling sales process to gain access to courses. We recognized the innovative techniques being used in the digital media realm and realized a similar process could be used to empower businesses to create a custom course catalog for their employee development. Since our launch in July 2011, we’ve focused on building out our content with the goal to be the largest marketplace for online training courses. How we’re different. We value transparency and simplicity in order to provide a fantastic customer experience. Buyers can personalize their interaction either through browsing our extensive listing of courses online or interacting with one of our content specialists to custom build their training catalog. Sellers can stick with the LMS they know best and can rest easy knowing their material is protected. At OpenSesame, we measure our success based on the ease and speed of your experience.
Want to learn more about OpenSesame? Visit OpenSesame's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.